Home

Amelia Quinzel's POV.
I was fumbling with my duffle bag zipper in rehab. Today was the day I went home. I had been in this military hospital for about three months. I had a robotic arm and I'm still trying get used to it and work it.
"Need some help Amy?" Colonel Flag asked well I can call him Rick I was his right hand woman over seas lieutenant colonel Amelia Quinzel.
"I got it." I said finally zipping the bag now I just had to get my hair braided. I started but kept messing up.
"You sure you don't need any help?" He asked as I fumbled again.
"Okay now I need help. Do you even know how to braid?" I asked admitting defeat sitting down on the chair.
"Yes. My mom before she passed never cut her hair. She had gotten to old to do it her self so I learned now it's just natural." I said as he began to braid.
"Oh." I said as I say there soon he was done I stood up. I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder.
"I'm ready to go."  I said looking at Flag.
"Okay do you have your form to work at Arkham."
"Yeah she's going to be so happy." I said. Walking to Rick as he stood by the door. He grabbed my bag offering his arm I took it. "You know I can carry my own bag right?"
"Yes but I'm being a gentleman." He said as we walked out the door to the car he tossed my bag in the back.  We drive in a comfortable silence for a little bit tell I got hungry and we come into a town.
"Man I would give my left arm for a burger." I said with a laugh.
"That's a horrible joke." He said smiled by trying not to laugh.
"What ever you thought it was funny." I said giggling.  He let out s laugh as we pulled into Burger King.
"What do you want?"
"A triple whopper with large fries and a large coke." I said.
"Fat ass." He joked.
"I don't have a fat ass I have a great ass." I said smirking.  We ordered and drove off I was eating in car trying not to make a mess. Soon we arrived at the asylum.
"This place is scary." Flag said.
"Puss." I said grabbing my bag. We walking up we went to the front desk.
"How may I help you?" Asked an older lady in her  late fourties.
"Yes I'm here to surprise my sister Harleen Quinzel. I'm Amelia Quinzel." I said.
"Oh well in that case I'll show you to her office." She said. We walked down the hallway it was dark and dim paint pealed off the walls we walked past cells of criminals and insane people. Most growled at me and flag. We made it to her door at the end of the hall.
"There you are."  She said.
"Thank you. Oh here is my packet I start working here as a guard tomorrow." I said. She took it walking off I hid beside the door as flag opened the door. I heard a sharp intake of breath from Harls.
"Are you Harleen Quinzel?" Flag asked.
"Yes what's happened?" She asked I could her the worry in her quiet voice.
"I'm sorry to inform you but Amelia Quinzel is home."  He said with a sad time.
"W-what?" She asked confused. I jumped around the corner.
"Hey sis miss me?" I said dropping my bag as she ran to me engulfing me in a hug as I crushed her in my arms.
"Oh my gosh I missed you!" She said stepping back before punching my shoulder.
"What was that for? Also you hit like a wimp." I stated I knew why she hit me.
"That was not a funny joke." She said wiping her eyes.
"I couldn't help my self." I said. "If like you to meet my boss Colonel Rick Flag he's also a friend." I said
"It's nice to meet you miss Quinzel." Flag said shaking her hand.
"Just call me Harleen flag." She said.
"Call me Rick. I'd like to stay but I have some where I have to be. Take care both of you."
"We will Rick. Be safe I'll try and keep in touch." I said.
"Will do good luck Amy." He said I pealed off my jacket as he closed the door.
"Amelia what happened to your arm!?" Harls exclaimed. I had forgot that she didn't know about it I let out a huff of air.
"A grenade went off next to me it severely damage my left arm I'm lucky to still be alive and still look this good." I said. "My arms been replaced with this robotic arm its fully functional and it comes off. "
"Oh my gosh." She said sitting behind the desk.
"Yeah you want to leave this dump early go to the movies or something. Hang out go to the mall something I've been in rehab for three mouths. We could get tats." I said
"We out not getting tattoos."
"No fun." I said
"Let me finish my paper work then we can."
"Okay." I said. It was quiet but it was good to just be around her again it felt like a hundred years we'd been apart. I was on my phone trying to find something for us to do and tattoo ideas even if Harls doesn't like them I do and I also may a bet with my friends that where killed if I made it out alive I would get my self classily tatted up. I was brought out of my thoughts by my sis tapping my shoulder.
"Ready lets go to the mall." She said I was happy and jumped up grabbing my bag from the floor.
"This is going to be so much fun!" I said as we get in the car.
"Yes it will be!"
"Oh I almost forgot guess who's going to be at Wayne's big party this weekend?"I said excited that I had revived the invite from him.
"Who?" She asked.
"Us. Oh my do you even have a dress??" I asked.
"Um no." She said as we slowly drove off to the mall.
"Looks like we have to get some I can't wait." I said. "So any thing exciting about work?" I asked.
"Um yeah they want me to be the jokers um physiatrist."
"What? Your not going to be locked in a room with that man alone I'm going in." I stated.
"Amy I'm a grown woman."
"He's a killer he'd snap you in two Harls."
"Your so stubborn."
"I know how do you think I got kicked out of high school." I joked.
"You started a fight you could have walked away from."
"He was being a dick in my defense." I exclaimed.
"Your impossibly stubborn sometimes. "
"I try." We sang to the radio the whole way there once we pulled up I grabbed a gun from my bag and placed it in my waist band as Harls grabbed her purse.
"Do you..."
"Yes I do." I said interrupting her. "Come on we need to find dresses. Then I want pizza." I said as we walked up to the doors. We walked into the first store. I picked three dresses up they where all short on was black with sleeves and no back, the second one was dark blue with a low front that hung on one shoulder, the last one was a bright red dress with cut outs. I grabbed them walking to where Harls had two long dresses one was a bright blue the other a magenta color and one was a peach pinkish color. Me and Harley have different taste she's a little more modest and simple I like some thing a little more showy and spunky.
"Okay let's try these on.You go first." I said sitting out side the dressing room next to the mirror. She came out in the magenta on first it had a hight next and was really plain and not pretty. We both rolled our noses up at it she changed into the peach. I didn't really like it. It was pretty just not her color she shook her head before putting on the blue. We both liked it was a sweetheart neck line with some sparkle on it. She liked it so now it's my turn. I tried on the black and blue and I didn't like them Harls liked the black because it was more modest but it's a real pain with my arm. So I was now in the red cut out dress. I liked it Harls hated it but I liked it so we just went with it and walked it get shoes. We spent most the night shopping eating and laughing. When we got home I took my arm off setting it in my room that was in changed but she kept in clean and dusted. I set the arm on the desk littered with pics and CDs in their cases.
"I'm jumping in the shower!"
"Okay!" I walked into the bathroom turning on the water while waiting for it to get hot I struggled out of my clothes before stepping under the hot water. It felt so good I closed my eyes as I relaxed into it I get the water start to cool so I washed up quickly as possible before getting out. I then got dressed in an over sized tee shirt and short shorts. Quickly brushing my hair and teeth I walked out.
"Hey what time do we have to leave in the morning?" I asked my little sis walking into her room where she sat on the bed I sat next to her making the bed dip.
"Eight o'clock work starts at nine and its and hour drive with tragic."
"Okay well in that case good night." I said Vince her a one armed hug before walking to my room.