Chapter 1 - The Rescue

Standing by the door of the seaplane, (Y/N) (L/N)'s stomach does flips and her heart races. Sully glides the plane to the water and she sets to opening the door, Nate staring back at her from the water; a goofy grin plastered on his face.

A sigh of relief escapes her lips and she gives a smile back. ''We can't leave you alone for a minute can we?'' She asks, chuckling.

''Well I had everything under control, until they blew up the boat.'' His comment makes her laugh, grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the water. Once he was in, she turns back and pulls up Elena Fisher.

''Well if it isn't the beautiful and talented, Elena Fisher.'' Sully says, pushing (Y/N) out of the way and kissing her hand and making (Y/N) roll her eyes.

''Flattery will get you screen time.'' She replies, smiling at him and glancing at Nate, who now had his back to her.

''Yeah, he's more of a behind-the-scenes guy, ain't ya old timer.'' (Y/N) pats his shoulder, making him grumble and he holds out his hand to the other woman.

''Victor Sullivan.'' He introduces himself and (Y/N) smiles at her father figure.  Turning back, she then pulls up the ladder whilst Sully leads Elena to sit down and Nate watches his childhood friend.

''Whaddya say we get out of here before we attract any more attention?'' He states and she closes the door with a nod. Sully places himself into the driver's seat and Nate takes (Y/N)'s seat up front. Sitting in front of Elena,  the other woman watches as she concentrates on her camera.

''I'll take that.'' (Y/N) finally says, reaching for the gun. Elena smiles and hands it over before watching the footage.

''I'm more of shooting behind the camera type.'' She remarks, never taking her eyes off the camera and (Y/N) nods.  ''I see that.''  A small smiles breaks on Elena's face at this comment.

''Well?'' Sully's impatient tone amuses Nate and he takes a glance at the women behind them before looking back at him, the book in his hand in the space between.

''A little present from Sir Francis.'' Nate says and Sully laughs. ''So you found the coffin?'' He asks before actually looking at the item, his eyes widening and he points to the book. ''Wait a minute, is that what  I think it is?''

''Drake's lost diary.'' Nate replies, chuckling. ''He faked his death, just like I said, Sully.''

''He must've been onto something big.''

''Yeah, well, let's just keep that between us.'' (Y/N)'s voice is clear and they turn to see her crouching between their seats.

''How long have you been there?'' Nate questions and her eyes twinkle with mischievousness. ''Long enough.'' She whispers and he can't help but smile at her once more.

''I think I've earned a look at that diary when we land, Mr Drake.'' Elena's voice snaps him out of his trace and (Y/N) returns to her seat, an annoyed expression plastered on her face at being interrupted.

***

On the docks, Elena paces the pier, a troubled look on her face as she speaks down the phone. (Y/N) turns her attention back to the explanation, her back to the journalist.

''So look, when Drake sailed into the Pacific, he took the Spanish completely by surprise. He captured their ships, took all their maps, their letters, their journals - and he recorded everything in this diary.'' Nate explains.

Their boat was parked in the docks, and Nate, Sully and (Y/N) were situated around a table which held the diary. ''Uh-huh. So this-'' Sully starts, but Nate's excitement gets the better of him: ''But when he got back to England, Queen Elizabeth confiscated all of his charts and logbooks - including this one - and then swore his entire crew to silence.''

The breeze outside is soft and just brushes the palm trees as if it was a game.

''Yeah, so this -'' One more try from Sully and (Y/N) stares out the window, towards the beach hut.

''Y'see, Drake discovered something on that voyage, guys - something so secret and so valuable, they couldn't risk it getting out.'' Nate exclaims, his eyes glowing with adrenaline as he waves the book around.

''All right, Nate - just pretend for a minute that I don't really care about any of that stuff and cut to the chase, wouldya.'' Sully tells him, taking his cigar out of his mouth to get his point across.

''A man only interested in the climax.'' Nate chuckles and flips through the pages. ''You must be a real hit with the ladies.''

''Never had any complaints.''

''Did not need to know that.'' (Y/N) speaks up, returning to the table.

''I'll jump to the good part, just for Sully.'' Nate tells her, placing the diary on the table so Sully can look. He begins to laugh and (Y/N) looks over his shoulder. ''El goddamm Dorado...''

''He was onto something big alright.'' She whispers, leaning back against the table.

''Does it say anything else?'' Sully asks, picking up the diary to flip through it.

''Oh, so now you're interested?'' Nate says, snatching the book from his hands.

''Yeah.'' Sully replies, the cigar hung loosely in his mouth.

''Well, unfortunately no - last page was torn out.'' He holds the diary up, showing the pairing where the last page had been ripped out. ''I am telling you, guys. This is it - this is finally it.''

''Yeah.... Only, we got one little problem.'' Sully motions to Elena and (Y/N) nods in agreement.

''Sully, the girl can hold her own. You shoulda seen her.'' Nate sticks up for Elena and (Y/N) sighs, annoyed, looking back outside and focusing on how calm the waves were.

''Fine, you go out there and you tell her 'we just found the lost city of gold.' Maybe her producer can get it on the air tonight.'' Sully counters.

''Oh, come on...'' Nate scoffs and Sully sighs.  ''Nate - do you trust me?''

''More or less.''

''Good, 'cause we're gonna have every two-bit scumbag in the world racing us to this treasure unless we cut her loose right now.''

Nate roll his eyes as he replies; ''You're a real gentleman, Sully.''

''Nate, she'll get over it.'' (Y/N) says and Elena looks over, waving awkwardly when she realises she was being stared at. The (H/C) smiles and gives the journalist a polite wave, feeling very uncomfortable when the boat suddenly lurches forward causing her to fall back and Nate to quickly grab her.  ''You alright?'' He asks.

(Y/N) feels her cheeks heating up and pulls herself away from him, already missing his warmth. ''Peachy.'' She mutters, going to sit next to Sully, hearing a disappointed sigh escape from the man she had left behind.