Chapter 3 - Old Enemy

The italics is Nate through the radio ;)

Sully hands (Y/N) the radio, watching as her knee bounces up and down with anxiety.  "Pretty sure he would want to hear your voice instead of mine." He states and she smiles, gratefully, turning it on.

She looks up to where he was. "Nate, you should be able to just drop right down onto the U-boat." She informs him and Sully grimaces. "Nate! When was your last tetanus shot?"

"Oh, that's funny!" He calls back, dropping down and the radio crackles. "Okay, I'm in."

"Whaddya see?"

"Something nasty happened to these guys. There's blood everywhere. And soup."

"What?!" He doesn't answer and (Y/N) takes a stand, waiting for his next piece of information. The waterfall rushes and is the loudest sound that she can hear. Sully sits on a rock behind her, taking off his shoe and emptying the dirt inside of them.

"I think the trail just got warm again."

"How so?"

"Well, I just met a guy with pockets of Spanish gold, only the coins are stamped with a mint mark I've never seen before."

(Y/N) looks back at Sully and he frowns at Nate's answer. "You're kidding me."

"Looks like our German friends had a little secret."

Sully chuckles and shakes his head, flicking through Drake's journal whilst (Y/N) stands by the water edge. Once again, the radio crackles. "I'm in the captain's quarters. And get this - he's still here."

"What's that supposed to mean?" (Y/N) asks, facing Sully so he can hear.

"Looks like he was killed. Ah - ripped to shreds, actually. Oof, what a way to go."

"Sounds terrible. Check his wallet." Sully shouts, making her laugh.

"You're all heart, Sully." Nate leaves them with a chuckle. Sully shrugs, placing the journal in his pocket and standing up.

"Find anything, Nate?" (Y/N) questions but he doesn't respond. "Are you all right?" Concern fills the woman's voice and she turns away from Sully, walking back to the water.

"(Y/N), you're not gonna believe this."

"Try me."

"I think I found our missing page."

"You're kidding."

"Looks like Drake and our German pals were after the same treasure. And I've got the map that's gonna lead us right to it."

"Nate... it better not be another wild-goose chase." She warns him, sighing. Behind her, Sully had been grabbed by their enemy, yet his muffled shouts doesn't meet her ears.

"We better get something out of this trip or -" rough hands wrap around (Y/N)'s waist, lifting her up. She manages to kick and her teeth sinks into his flesh, making him drop her with a yelp.

Unfortunately the radio falls into the water and she scrambles to reach it. It sinks below the surface and she curses, leaning on her arm and unholstering her pistol.

One of the thugs picks her up with ease, bringing the end of his gun down hard on her nose and she splutters, spitting out the blood.

"You should know better than this, (Y/N)." A posh voice meets her ears and she looks up, the warm feeling of blood trickling down her face.

"Roman." (Y/N) spits. The pairing had a run in a while back, resulting in (Y/N) giving him a broken arm.

"Let's wait for your little boyfriend, shall we?''