Chapter 20 - Live A Little

Flashback

Light snores escape Sully's place from the sofa. (Y/N) silently tiptoes across the wooden floor, stopping when it creaks, her head looking at Sully.

The man does not stir from his slumber and the young teenager slowly opens the door, closing it gently behind her.

The light flickers on at the touch of a switch. Nathan stirs and his eyes slowly open at the sudden brightness of the room. "Sully?" He grumbles, pulling up the covers over his head.

"Unless Sully is a teenage girl, then no." (Y/N) replies and Nate peeks out from underneath the covers.

"What are you doing?" He questions, slowly sitting up and yawning as he does so. His fluffy brown hair sticks out in places and she smiles at it.

"Ahh, I think you mean what we're doing, Master Drake." She replies, putting on a posh accent.

Nate takes in her appearance. The way her (H/C) locks was pulled into a ponytail, strands falling out in places. How her (E/C) eyes glowed with mischief, herself wearing a tank top and grey joggers. She looked like she had not yet slept, but her eyes glowed. 

"Well?" She questions. Nate snaps out of his trance, not realising she had been talking.

"Well what?"

"Nate, I know I'm beautiful, but please focus." She tells him, a cocky grin on her face. "You and I should sneak out. Live a little. We never do anything fun now that Sullivan is on the down low." (Y/N) explains and Nate groans, falling back down on the bed.

"Please go away and let me sleep." His voice is muffled by the covers, but that didn't matter as she ignores him anyway, pulling off the cover and sitting down next to him.

"Nathan, please." The young woman pleads, giving him puppy dog eyes and Nate grumbles. After a short while, he gives in.

"Fine! Fine!" Pushing her off the bed, he stands and stretches.

"Thank you! I'll make it up to you." Her grin was back and he couldn't help but smile.

The pair make their way out of the room and towards the front door of the apartment. Slowly slipping on their trainers, (Y/N) unlocks the door and opens it, stepping out and letting the cool morning air brush at her.

The door clicks behind Nate, making (Y/N) grab his hand, rushing down the steps and towards the market. 

Nate doesn't object.

It was the early hours of the morning, not yet time for a sunrise, but not far away from it. A few markets stand open, the owners sorting out their stock or lying lazily on the chair behind.

"I love the market." (Y/N) breathes and Nate stares at her, letting her pull him along. 

"Where are we?" Nate asks. He didn't really pay attention to their location. He just knew that Sully was in trouble, so they packed up and left. Things weren't okay for them financially, but in terms of them being together, it couldn't be better.

"Somewhere with a good market. Sully didn't tell me the location, but I heard somebody speaking Italian." (Y/N) replies, stopping a few yards away from a fruit stand.

"We didn't eat last night." Nate states, staring at the fruit.

"Because we were on the run last night. And Sully ain't getting any younger." She reminds him.

The stall vendor was a burly man and looked to be tall. He had his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes were closed, leant back in his chair. 

(Y/N) edges her way towards the stall, pretending to just be passing by. The man made no movement as her fingers brushed an apple and in one quick motion, (Y/N) grabs three, throwing one to Nate. He goes to catch it, tripping over and knocking over a stand holding bags.

The man behind the fruit stand jolts awake and spots the two teenagers as Nate brushes off the bags, standing with his apple.

"Ladri(thieves)!" His voice booms, waking up the remaining market as he makes his way around his stall.

"Run, Nathan!" (Y/N) yells, taking off down the street. Nate wastes no time in following in his friend's footsteps, catching up as the two of them sprint.

The (H/C) turns sharply right, and quickly hides in a small gap between two buildings. Nate goes to run past, but her hand shoots out and pulls him in.

The pair try to steady their breathing. (Y/N) watches the street as Nate watches her, how close they were. He could see her chest rising and falling in quick and quiet breathes and he wanted to grasp her hand again, but refrains himself.

The man's footsteps signalled he had gone and they waited for just a minute longer before stumbling out.

"I've changed my mind, let's never live a little again." (Y/N) tells him as they make their way back to the apartment.

---

Being on the top floor meant easy access to the roof. So it was only a matter of time before the teenagers sat up there, eating the stolen apples and watching the sun rise over the city.

"Do you think we'd ever do anything like Sully?" (Y/N) is the first to break the silence, biting down on her apple. Sully's apple was resting in her lap as they sat up, their shoulders not being able to get any closer and she swings her legs that hang off the side of the building.

"What do you mean?" Nate was confused by her question.

"I mean... do you think we'll ever get into dodgy deals and close shaves with bad guys?"

"We just had a close shave. And we're always getting into trouble stealing things." Nate reminds her and she sighs.

"Sully's work is different. He used to get shot at and now he tries conning people and making off with their money." (Y/N) replies.

"I don't know what the future holds, (Y/N)." Nate says, truthfully.

The question now had him in deep thought as another silence washes over them.

"It would be quite exciting. But whatever happens, just know I wouldn't mind it if I was with you." (Y/N) speaks up, turning to Nate who looks at her.

"Me too. If we were in it together, then I see life going pretty well in the future." He adds, smiling to which she returns.

A soft breeze cools them down on the summer day. The sunrise casting all kinds of reds and pinks across the sky as the two watch. Huge smiles were spread across both of their faces.

The other one not knowing how happy they made the other. Them both oblivious to the adventure they would lead.

(Y/N) rests her head on Nate's shoulder, yawning. Nate smiles to himself as he takes another bite of his apple.

Maybe living a little had its perks after all.

It's almost the end guys