Chapter 15 - All You

Nate is the first to move forward and Elena and (Y/N) are quick to follow behind. They head downwards, the only light they had were the dim glows of the firing torches.

"What is this place?" Elena breathes once they come out into a vast, underground area filled by archways and bridges, dangerous walkways and turning water wheels.

"A really elaborate way to hide the damn treasure." Nate replies. (Y/N) slowly walks down the steps, taking in the different paths. "Which way do we go?"

There's nothing, but the sound of rushing water as Nate passes her. Stopping, he looks down to see a golden plate engraved in the floor, written with a Roman numeral. He pulls out the faded piece of paper, bearing the map with the numerals sketched on the side.

"I'll stay here and keep lookout, while you figure out how we're gonna get across." Elena states, staying at the top of the steps and Nate looks at (Y/N).

Groaning, she understands him and accompanies him to the first Roman numeral; V. Climbing up, Nate rushes up the steps and pulls down on a type of lever. There's creaking as the water flows and the wheel begins to turn, making smaller ones do the same.

"Did you do that? Things just started moving down here!" Elena yells.

Looking down, (Y/N) watches a beam holding a long metal chain, slowly creak it's way to the side. Once it's settled, she walks towards it, planting her feet on the wall and moving up.

As she pulls herself up, she waits for the swinging basket of fire to swing right before running past. She then jumps down the steps, climbing up when Nate joins her.

"Sully, you read me?" Nate asks into the radio. Static crackles and he sighs. "Damn, nothing."

"He'll be okay. He's been in this business longer, he can either smooth talk or shoot his way outta anything." (Y/N) reminds him, trying to reassure them both.

At the end of the second set, they drop down and look back, jumping onto the ledge higher and pulling themselves up.

"I'll go first." She prompts, eyeing the two baskets of fire.Being smart, she drops down on the ledge and shuffles her way across, pulling herself up when she's past them both. She then smirks at Nate, who chuckles and follows her example.

"Smart." He says once she pulls him up.

"Logical." (Y/N) counters, rounding a corner and jogging up the stairs. They go down the other side and she groans. "All these bloody stairs. I can just about handle the climbing, but stairs, that's a bit far." She rants and Nate laughs.

They come across their second numeral - II. Dropping down, they continue on and go up, stopping in front of the swinging fire. Looking around, (Y/N) spots the spikes on the side of the path.

"No loop now, (Y/N)." Nate jokes and she rolls her eyes, watching. Once it swings right, she is quick to run and stop in the gap.

Eyeing the other two, she spots the dilemma of no gap between. Patiently, she waits until one swings left and the other swings right and she takes her chance, rolling at the end as the spikes narrowly miss her.

"Think you can do that, Nathan?" (Y/N) questions, smirking and he grins, taking his time to do what she did. The pair then head onto a small wooden platform and (Y/N) spots Elena down below, sat down.

"Hey! We made it!" She shouts and Elena stands.

"Hey, be careful. That thing doesn't look very safe -" she's cut off as the platform begins to break. "(Y/N)! Nate!" Elena yells, watching the pair fall in horror.