Chapter 2 - Searching For Death

(Y/N) moves quickly down the hill part of the jungle, with Nate hot on her heels. Sully follows slowly behind, pausing to bend over and catch his breath.

''Hold on, kids. I'm not as young as I used to be.'' He pants and the pair share a look, thinking the exact same thing.

''You weren't too old for that little barmaid in Lima, were you?'' Nate is the one to say it and she laughs as Sully grins.  ''Well, that was different. Although I must admit, equally as strenuous.''

''Well, hang in there, old timer. We're just about there.''

The trio continue walking and Nate goes ahead with (Y/N), close but not close enough, and Sully brings up the rear.

''Y-know, this reminds me... I ever tell you about the time I pawned a phony 16th-century santo off on Pablo Escobar?'' Sully laughs at his own story. ''Ah, risky move, but by the time he figured it out I was -'' He stops.

''Are you guys even listening to me?'' Nate sighs, grinning as he waits for (Y/N) to walk beside him.

''Hanging on your every word, Sully.'' (Y/N) replies, not returning Nate's gaze.

''Ah, why waste my breath.'' She hears Sully mutter and she smiles, letting the water soak through the bottom of her jeans and in through her boots.

''You really think Francis Drake came all the way up here, huh? We're an awful long way from England.''  (Y/N) mutters, ducking under a palm leaf, opening up into a clearing.

''Well?'' Sully asks once they walk out into it and Nate turns around. ''I don't get it. According to this we're right on top of the mark.'' He informs them, looking around.

''Maybe you're not reading that thing right.' Let me see it.'' (Y/N) suggests and he hands it over and shakes his head. ''No this is the place.''

''There's nothing here, Nate.'' Sully exclaims, opening up his arms. ''Another goddamn dead end.''

''Easy, old man. Just relax.'' (Y/N) says, placing the device in Nate's pocket.

''Let's take a look around.'' Nate instructs, watching her movements and he begins a gentle jog whilst Sully sighs. ''Man, this is like trying to find a bride in a brothel.''

Nate leads the pair through a gap and out to a couple of abandoned ruins. ''Now this is more like it!'' Sully states. ''What do you think this is - Incan?''

''Nah, it's older than that. Like two thousand years older.'' (Y/N) studies, running her hands across the stone and letting it crumble under her fingertips.

Nate proceeds to climbing his way up and around, looking down over with a frown. "Hey, there's something funny about the ground down there!'' He shouts and (Y/N) walks over to where he's talking.

She taps her foot on it and then takes a couple of steps across with a hum. "It's hollow. Need to find a way to smash through this.'' She calls up.

Nate places his shoulder against the boulder just above, shoving his weight to make it fall off the edge. The ground smashes, revealing to them a hidden doorway.

''Think we're gonna need flashlights for this one boys.'' (Y/N) turns hers on and takes the lead, jogging down the steps. She jumps down at the last set of steps and walks forward where Nate hops up on a broken pillar.

''What a warm and homey place, huh?'' (Y/N) mumbles, running her light over the area, making Nate laugh. ''Not quite what you were expecting, huh?''

''Yeah - where's all the damn gold.'' Sully mumbles.

''Ah, this place was picked clean centuries ago.'' (Y/N) informs Sully before Nate can and the older man  grumbles. "No good-limey pirate.''

Nate grabs a helmet and shakes his head. ''No, it wasn't Drake. Looks like the spanish got here before he did.'' He tells the two, handing Sully the helmet who throws it away in anger, causing (Y/N) to jump.