Chapter 6 - Dreams

(Y/N) laughs, carefree and happy and Nate stands with Sully, his eyes never leaving her.

''You should tell her, Nate.'' Sully mutters, waving her over. She excuses herself and begins to cross the hall towards them, the smile never leaving her face.

And that was where it all went wrong.

A sudden explosion knocks them all off our feet. The ringing in Nate's ears is unbearable and once the smoke has cleared, he looks around for (Y/N).

Her body lies in the rubble, blood and ash-ridden, yet, somehow, still beautiful. Then, he notices, something was very wrong. She wasn't moving and he rushed over, his worst fears coming true.

Nate awakens, his breathing heavy and he looks about, spotting (Y/N) at the barred window, picking up stones and she turns. She aims at him, but notices he's awake and drops it. ''Morning, cowboy.''

''You're alive." Nate breathes and she frowns.

''Barely. We only just survived all that rubble falling down on us.'' She recalls and he sighs in relief, standing up.

''Where are we?'' He questions and she rolls her eyes. ''Well, I would say we were in a bar, but I don't think so. We're in a cell.''

''Yeah, I guessed.'' He states, running a hand through his hair.

''Then, why'd you ask?'' (Y/N) says and he opens his mouth to say something, when a person at the window catches his eye.

''What?'' (Y/N) asks turning around and her (E/C) eyes widen at the sight of Elena.

''I know I'm not a big-time treasure hunter like you guys, but I doubt you're gonna find El Dorado in there.''

(Y/N) grins at the woman's comment.

''How'd you get yourself in this mess?'' Elena asks and (Y/N) clears her throat, indicating with her hand. ''Trying to rescue you, as a matter of fact.''

''Oh, that's so sweet.'' (Y/N) chuckles at her response whilst Elena runs her hand along the wall and Nate takes a swift glance at the door.

''Traditional sandstone brick and stucco... limestone mortor.. huh.'' She mutters under her breath and Nate raises an eyebrow. ''How'd you get to know so much about this?'' He questions, looking back and Elena smiles. ''My show - episode 4, 'Architects of the New World'.''

''Figures.'' (Y/N) whispers and Nate elbows her, rolling her eyes. 

''Yup, it'll just take a tug to pull these bars out.'' Elena informs them before winking and jumping down.

''What? No, wait... are you sure - '' (Y/N) begins, her fingers gripping the rusty bars, but stops talking as a voice is heard from the hallway. She flexes her fingers, stepping down from her tiptoes.

''Get out of my way, bodoh! Cepatan, open this goddamn door!''

''Oh, crap.'' Nate whispers and (Y/N) frowns at him recognising the voice, letting him pull her away from the window. The door is kicked open and a man saunters in. 

''Hey, Drake.''

''Eddy Raja. I shoulda guessed.''

''Okay, so this is someone you know, fair enough.'' (Y/N) shrugs.

''Fascinating document, huh?'' He asks, holding up the map and Nate checks his pocket before sighing.

''Seems like this 'Sir Francis' was in my line of work.''Eddy states and (Y/N) scoffs. ''Don't flatter yourself.'' She speaks up and he stares at her before laughing.

''You seem quick to make enemies, puteri.'' (princess) ''Tell you what - lead me to the gold, and I might just let you two live.'' Eddy proposes, sitting on the table.

''Is that it? Is that our deal?'' Nate asks. ''Die now, or help you, and die later.''

''It's a tough call, but you know what? I think we'd take die now.'' (Y/N) spits, gripping the bars with a challenging smirk and Eddy kicks the chair away and walks up to her, waving the gun about.

''Tai kamu! Listen to me, maggot - I was promised treasure on this goddamn rock! And now my men are dying. They can't even go outside to take a piss without an armed guard, and I have nothing to show for it!'' He gets more frustrated by every word.

The gun hits the bars and a hook clasps on the one on the window behind them once Eddy turns back.

''I am making you a fair offer. You help me find the treasure, and the last man alive gets the gold... and the girls, of course.'' He says, smirking.

''Come near me, I bite.'' (Y/N) mirrors his expression and Nate chuckles at her tone. ''Anyway, the other girl? Oh, Eddy, she'll be long gone. She's probably off the island now, going for help.'' He adds.

''Tai kucing - you were never very good at poker. I will find her, trust me.'' Eddy promises. "I mean - how much trouble could one girl be?''

As if on cue, the back wall comes flying out and Elena stands up on the truck with Eddy looking at her in amazement.

''Well? Come on!'' She shouts, jumping into the passenger seat. Eddy is too shocked to move and (Y/N) takes the time to run to the jeep.

''Thank you.'' Nate quips, taking the map from Eddy's hands and following in her footsteps.

''Hey, goddamn it!'' He snaps out of his trance, yelling at the trio and calling for his men.

''Nice work.'' Nate praises Elena and she waves him off. He then points to the driver's seat to (Y/N), who is quick to get his prompt and gets in. She grips the steering wheel, reversing just as Nate climbs onto the back.

''Hold on!'' She screams and presses her foot down.

''Hentikan mereka! After them!!'' Eddy orders.

''Let's go, assholes!''