Damien Brenks x Daughter! Reader - Awake

NOTE: Before and after the flashbacks happened you are already 23 years old and married, during the flashbacks you are 19 years old. I am so sorry this was supposed to come out last year during Christmas, but I had to postpone it due to my busy schedule.
__________________________________________________________________________________
It was 3 days before Christmas you and your father Damien, are currently shopping for items to hang it on the Christmas tree at home and for wrapping presents. As soon as both of you arrived at Target and instantly went to the arts and craft section searching for wrapping papers, ribbons, three gift cards, a styrofoam star, some glitters, some bells and angels.

"Hey Dad, finally found the small angels to hang on the tree. Is that all in our shopping list?" You walked towards your father with the angels in hand.

"Thanks (y/n). Yup, that's all. But before we go to check out, I was just wondering if you know... wanted to buy a present for your mom?" Your father looked over to you.

"Dad, I don't think mom minded it we gave her the card as present and probably buy her a bouquet of white tulips just like she always wanted." You smiled at him.

~Flashback~

It has been 2 years since your mother passed away, it was on Christmas day, that very fateful day the three of you are enjoying decorating the Christmas tree but somehow your mother got a call from work before lunchtime. She informed both you and your father it was an important matter to be sorted out that day, before she went out to her car, your father stopped her at the front door.

"Will you be back before dinner?" Damien asked his wife.

"I will try to make it home before dinner, I know it's Christmas but I'll make sure work is done by then." She assured her husband and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"Oh and (y/n) dear, could you cook the whole chicken for dinner later?" Your mother asked.

"Sure, I'll make sure dad helps me with making the marinated sauce that we both love. I hope your work is done before dinner mom, love you." The three of you chuckled.

"I'd be sure too, little pea. I'll get going now and Merry Christmas both of you." Your mother gave you a kiss on the forehead before heading towards her car.

"Merry Christmas, Honey." "Merry Christmas, Mom." "We love you and drive safe." Both you and your father, Damien said to her.

"Love both of you too, loads." She gave a flying kiss then went off to work.

"Dad, why do I feel like something's not right?" You told your father who was standing beside you on the doorway.

"I don't know little bean, same goes for me. After we finish hanging those angels on the tree, wanna head out to mom's office and give her a late lunch?" Your father asked you.

"Why not? Let's get to work on the tree, then buying the lunch." You just shove off the feeling and went sprinting towards the Christmas tree.

After an hour and a half, you and Damien brought fresh lunch for your mother from the framers market and headed to her office. You and your father approached the front desk and ask which level your mother was and told the both of you.

"Excuse me, but for the mean time Mrs. Brenks went out for lunch with one of her colleagues. Would you care to wait for a while or maybe leave a message for her?" The secretary asked.

"We will wait for her in her office. I'll call her from there, thank you." Your father informed the secretary.

"Sure, you are welcome Mr. Brenks and Miss Brenks." The secretary gave a friendly smile at the both of you.