| Horatio Carlin |

Note: Listen to Corey Harper - Best of Me on any streaming platform for this story. Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________

It all happened when Horatio disappeared after a mission, Marcus and I tried to call him over and over again yet still no answer. With the help of DedSec, they traced Horatio's location and he was at one of the Tezcas place. The both of you immediately went to the located place and found none of the members were there.

"Marcus, please help me break this door down." I told him.

Without wasting anymore time, Marcus broke down the door properly without hurting himself and you thanked him; both of you went inside the house and saw Horatio laying on the floor all bloody, since he was stabbed in the chest.

"Shit, Horatio don't move." I told him, while he was in your arms gasping for air.

"We're here, man! Hold on. Josh, call 911. Hang in there." Marcus spoke through his earpiece.

"Marcus, he's not gonna make it. I'm so sorry Horatio, if only we could've been here sooner. I'm gonna miss you and I love you." I shakily said as he took his last breath.

My tears flowed down my cheeks as it landed onto Horatio's cheeks. I grazed my palm over his eyes and closed them, giving him the last kissed on the forehead before leaving the house with Marcus.

Going back to the HQ, Marcus and I were both silent and upon entering the place, Sitara and Wrench gave you a hug that you needed. As for Marcus, he asked Josh for help on something. You cried so hard losing the person you loved and have known for a long time, it leaves a sharp numb pain in your heart.

"If we could have been there sooner, he would have survived. If only I followed my gut to call him where he was. FUCK!!" You yelled as your tears stream non-stop down your cheeks.

Sitara tried to calm you down with whatever she can, while Wrench took a bottle of water for you to drink. Marcus dealt with the group that killed Horatio alone, after Josh traced their location.

~*A year has passed*~

You are currently visiting Horatio's grave, setting down his favorite flower on a vase and as you stood up looking down on his gravestone. You sighed softly and gathered your thoughts to say something.

"Horatio..." You uttered, tears rolled down your cheeks and your lips quiver softly.

"I am so sorry that you ended this way, it was my fault. I had a gut feeling that something was wrong when you went alone to get fresh air that night. I should have not let you walk that night, but now its too late. Since that day Marcus and I found you on that floor bleeding, all the things that we could have done together ran through my mind; getting married, start a family and so much more... but that night left me broken for the first few weeks, I couldn't eat and sleep properly, even with the help of the group. I was so broken, the day you left." You sobbed.

As you are standing and talking to Horatio's grave, Marcus, Sitara, Josh and Wrench all stood behind you at least 4 feet away. The four of them are letting you grieve properly and giving the space you needed, they have been doing it with you until the very end.

"Everybody knows, Everybody knows I need you, I'm in between being cautious, And trying to deal with my demons... And I never felt, I never felt you ever got the best of me, I can't help myself, 'Cause baby it's so hard you're still out of reach... And I'm sorry for the way that I keep, Calling in my sleep, But I've never felt, I never felt you ever got the best of me... Still runnin' from the better days, But my mind's running a million ways, And I keep praying I won't see your face..." You sang softly.

After you ended singing, you felt a light wind feeling on your right cheek as if someone would place a kiss on it. To which made you tear up more, knowing that it was Horatio's spirit telling you it was alright and not wanting you to be hard on yourself; He always does that every time you are in any situation. He knew that things happens for a reason, he doesn't blame himself or anyone in that matter especially you.

"I've missed you so much Horatio, thank you for the time we have spent together. You help me grow into someone greater and meeting your group of friends have gained me a new friendship, that I know can last for a lifetime. I'll meet you soon and tell you all the adventures that I've been through with the group one day." You said your goodbyes that might not be the last.

As you dried your tears, the group approached you and Sitara gave you a warm hug. You are so grateful to encounter Horatio since the first day of working at Nudle, he showed you around the company and talks to you as if he'd known you for a very long time. He was truly a blessing in disguised, since he will always be by your side even when you didn't need him; yet he still be there for you. When you were introduced to Sitara, Wrench, Josh and Marcus they all fell in love with you and your personality as a person; from then on all of you became best friends.

"Guys, I think we can go now." You said and softly smiled at the group.

"Are you sure?" Marcus asked you.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Horatio will be seeing us from up there and I bet he'll be waiting for us to tell our great adventures one day." You told Marcus and the rest.

"I bet he does." Wrench said made everyone's spirit go up.

When the five of you walked away from Horatio's grave, Horatio's spirit stood near his tombstone and said 'I'll see you soon, Guys!'  from the spirit world; in the living world a slight gust of wind could only be felt by the five of you.