Prologue - [Flying]

I had realized at this moment that being on the roof of a building at night when being attacked by a crazy man was not the best situation to be in.

Actually, being attacked by a crazy man anywhere was not a good situation to be in, period.

But right now was not the time for my stupid mind to be stupid. I had to get away, now.

I tried to run to the door that led off of the roof and back into the building but this guy was in front of me faster than I could even blink. I couldn't figure out how it was possible for him to run that fast... how could a man be so fast. How was I going to get away?

I needed to get away.

I needed to get away from this freak.

But there were only two exits that I could take right now. The first was the door that this man was now standing in front of... and the second was to jump off the roof of the building. 

Obviously, the second was not an option.

And since he was standing in front of the door, I guess the only thing I could do was fight.

I grabbed the dark haired man by the arm and tried to pull him away from the door but he didn't budge. Instead, without breaking a single sweat, he waved his hand and I went flying backwards.

I smashed into the brick railing on the roof so hard that I felt a kind of pain I had never felt before. My head had definitely hit the wall and I would be surprised if there had been no damage done.

Of course, there was damage. When I touched the back of my head, I felt the warm blood.

"Give it to me," the man said, his voice a low growl. "Give it to me or I will take it."

"Give what?" I asked. I meant to yell it but instead it came out as a whisper. What did he want from me? 

Was he crazy?

Or did I actually have something he wanted?

He started to walk towards me, and as he did, I saw his right hand begin to glow. I let out a breath. What was happening?

What was he?

I wanted to close my eyes.

I wanted to close my eyes, or look away, or hopefully wake up from this horrible nightmare.

But I couldn't.

All I could see was the yellow of his eyes... the pupils that looked almost like... like that of a snake.

This guy wasn't human. There was no way he was.

And as I stared, my heart beating so loudly that I could hear it in my ears and couldn't even try to think straight, I noticed him falter.

His eyes grew a tad bit wider and he froze for a moment before glaring and holding his glowing hand out in front of him. He shouted something that I couldn't understand and then I saw a yellow light shooting towards me.

I blinked.

And by the time I opened my eyes again, a warm breeze brushed past me and there was suddenly a figure with a black cape standing in front of me.

I looked up and realized that the figure in front of me was a dark haired man. His head turned just enough for me to catch a glimpse of the brightest blue eyes I had ever seen in my entire life.

Then, he smiled a big smile and despite all that had happened so far, I felt relief.

The smile lasted for a millisecond before I heard something similar to a thunder and lightening storm.

There were lights flashing and metal clanging and as I watched in awe, the blue-eyed boy put what looked like a sword back into its sheath before he swung his fist into the jaw of my attacker, knocking him at least a couple meters back until he hit the ground. Hard.

"C'mon," he then said as he turned to face me.

I stared at him, gawking.

His eyes were the most beautiful shade of blue I had ever seen... they almost looked like sapphires. Plus, his pale skin and messy, pitch-black hair probably helped to make those unique eyes look even brighter.

He held his hand out. "We gotta go. C'mon."

I continued staring, my heart racing... not knowing how to react.

He kept his hand out. "You can trust me, I'll protect you from him."

I did trust him. I had no idea why... but I did.

"Foolish boy!" I heard the attacker growl.

The blue-eyed boy looked at him before turning back to me, and after swallowing back a fear, I reached out and grabbed his hand.

Almost instantly, he pulled me forward and in one swift move, I was suddenly on his back. I gasped, tightening my hold around his neck and gasping again when he jumped up onto the brick railing.

"W-what... what are you doing?" My voice barely came out as I looked down at the busy city street below us. Was he thinking of jumping? He was going to kill the both of us!

"Saving you."

I could hear the grin in his voice and before I could argue or try to fight my way off of him, he had jumped.

We were falling.

We were falling and I was screaming as loudly as I could, eyes wide as the lights of the city below us got closer and closer.

And then suddenly... we were flying.