Chapter 25 - [Knowing Nothing]

Hey everyone!

Once again, apologies for the delay! I had a horribly busy week and couldn't even get a chance to get on wattpad! But I hope you enjoy this upload!

I also wanted to let you all know that I have a Patreon now! If you would like to help me out a little and support me even a little bit, I'd be thrilled if you could check it out! You can find me here: 

https://www.patreon.com/thannujah

Thank you!!!!! Enjoy the chapter!!!

Love,

Luckycharms! <3

---

This time, Saphryn didn't just look mad. It wasn't the same as before, when he found out about what happened to his mother.

This time he looked broken.

Like someone had crushed his soul.

This truth...

He didn't expect it.

He stood there frozen for some time, staring at his brother.

"Our mother was still a part of the royal family. For that reason, that makes you the first ever child between a true Vahrian and a Royal," Vairyn said. "Our mother is the ancestor of the first King, whose granddaughter created the jewels."

Saphryn didn't respond. He was in a state of shock.

"You have the blood of a Vahrian, the most powerful kind, through Saphirians side, and then you have our mother's blood. Our mother, whose ancestors ruled by controlling the Vahrians. It's her blood that allows me to control these jewels so easily. And you... you could wield all sorts of powers if you knew how. You are, in a sense, a weapon."

My eyes widened.

So Saphryn has the blood of a Vahrian, and the blood of the people who once controlled Vahrians.

If I remembered correctly... it was the fact that the Vahrians didn't like being controlled that made them split from the rest of them, and create a new kingdom altogether.

And now Saphryn has the blood of both?

What did that even mean?

He could... control other Vahrians?

When I looked at him, he let out a breath and then he slowly turned around, looking at Avarius.

Avarius looked back at Saphryn, looking stern, but sympathetic.

My grandmother suddenly tensed as a flash of surprise crosses Avarius' face.

"Retreat," my grandmother ordered to Midina, who got on all fours immediately.

The next thing happened in a matter of mere seconds.

Midina pounced towards me, using her head to push me onto her back. And while she did that, my grandmother vanished, appearing behind Saphryn, who had taken on an attack position.

Vairyn stretched his arms out in front of him, using the jewel and creating a barrier around himself and his father, the barrier stretching around as many of the people watching from the sides as he could.

And then, as Midina ran as far across the throne room as she could with me on her back, I turned around and looked behind, watching as Saphryn face changed.