§ Let's Spend The Night Together

The apartment on the Abefourth street was already dark, although it was only eleven PM. The only sound heard was the low frequency coming from Brian's room, his insomnia was an old friend, the boys didn't even care about the radio anymore.Brian lows the radio's volume, thinking because of the silence, that his mates were asleep, but Keith was far from falling asleep.

Keith's eyes was lost somewhere on the ceiling, his head laying over his arms and his boddie covered by a thin sheet. The sound coming from Brian's cooled him down, the new Dylan's record playing "Blowin' in the Wind", but Keith couldn't pull away his concern completely. It's been awhile since the last time he wrote for the Stones and Mick wouldn't stop charging him for new stuff. Earlier on that same day, the boy began something good at the keyboards, but the car's thief stopped his creative wave.

Among the three room mates, Keith always was the sentimental one, Mick and Brian had this fame of girls hunters, but not Keith. Sometimes the boy called some of Mick's girls to spend the night on his room, but rarely felt something like the earlier attraction.

Unquiet, Keith sits on the edge of the bed, felt a little frustrated and didn't knew why, actually didn't wanted to admit it. The truth was that Keith wanted Glimm to be there after the rain.

As decided to be a real band, the boys were - some softly and some really badly - kicked out from their houses, all of them except for Charlie, he came from a musicians family and got all the support on his choice. But Brian, Mick and Keith were on the streets on their twenties and together rented a apartment nearby the drummer's home. Keith really missed home, there he was the youngest and was always surrounded by aunts and cousins. The others got distracted more easily by the sounds of the big city.

Brian's door opening sound wakes Keith from his daydreams about Glimmer, the boy gets up and leaves the room. The cold winter on the corridor tells that the living room's window was open and soon Keith could smell the menta from Brian's cigar. Keith approaches the dark living room and sees the friend's silhouette by the window. 

I thought you were at sleep Keith. - Brian says slowly breathing out the cigarette smoke.

The light coming from the streets was low, but enough to guide Keith to the couch, where the keyboards was. 

I got something on the piano, but I need a bass. - Keith says  while Brian looked down to the streets.

Brian gives his menthol a last glup and turns around cheerful, leaves the room for some brief moments and came back hanging a bass. Sits next to Keith, crossed legs and the music shows it's face, Keith guides Bri along with what he had in mind. This night would be long.

Neither of them knew where this would lead them. They would spend the night together, even Brian not being the person who Keef wanted to spend it with.