Chapter One

Three months later:

For the past two months, Charles was barely out of his room. Hank was able to create a serum that allowed Charles to walk once more. On one condition; his mind reading powers would be gone for as long as he took it. Charles didn't even think twice. He took it as soon as he heard of it. His powers reminded him too much of his dead love.

If the serum was taken by Hank, his blue form would disappear and he would go back to normal. Until, of course, if he got angry, then he could turn back.

Charles was drinking, when he heard knocking on the door. The person knocked once more until Hank, who was on another room, realised Charles would never get up to get the door. He walked over there.

When he opened the door, he wasn't sure to be worried, surprised or extremely happy. It was Clara. Their Clara. The Clara he thought was dead for almost three months and the Clara Charles gave away his powers for. Except, she was all beaten up. Her head was bleeding and she seamed to have hurt a leg, since she was completely over the other one. Hank didn't know what to say.

"C--Clara?" He asked. The girl smiled a weak smile.

"Who else would it be?" She joked. Hank ran to her and hugged her. In fact, he hugged her a little too strongly. Clara felt a bone cracking on her back. "ow"

"Sorry," he said, as he let go of her. "How... how are you alive?" He asked. "We thought you.."

"Wait. What do you mean? Why wouldn't I be... alive?"

"Three months ago a man came here. He told us--Charles-- that you died in battle on the Vietnam war. We--" Hank was interrupted by Clara once more.

"Where is Charles?" She asked. "Many people died on that war. Many mutants. But me? I was experimented on. By those militaries. I was able to escape. Now where's Charles?" Clara said. She tried to walk into the house but her leg gave up, and the pain of her wound spread throughout her body as her knee hit the ground. Hank helped her up.

"Hank?!" They heard from upstairs, "who the hell is it?"

"Charles!" Hank yelled back. "You might want to see this."

"Charles," said Clara, in his mind, "it's me."

Soon enough, they heard footsteps running to the stairs. When Charles saw Clara, and the state she was on, he ran to her rescue, as always.

"Clara," he hugged her. "How are you-"

"Not dead?" She finished. "I never was. Whoever came here to tell you the news was lying." Charles was crying. He was drunk, Clara knew it. But It didn't matter. She could understand how it was to lose someone. Hot tears scrolled down his cheeks as he kissed his girl like it was the last thing in the world for him to do.

They stayed hugging after they broke out of the kiss. Hank decided it was better for him just to go somewhere else. After his tears and sobs had calmed down, Charles decided to speak once more.

"I've got lots of questions," Charles whispered, as he carried her in his arms and placed her down on a chair.

"So do I," said Clara. "But first of all, how the bloody hell are you walking?" He laughed. Clara had no idea how much she had missed his laugh, until she heard it again.

"I thought you were gone. Hank found a cure that took away my powers..."

"Oh, Charles. You gave away your powers so that you could walk?" She asked, not pitying him, but just sad.

"They aren't gone forever. Whenever I want them to come back, I just have to stop taking the drug," he explained himself. Clara nodded. Charles thought she was going to be mad, but she was completely comprehensive.

Charles downed his body over Clara's and they kissed. They had both surely missed that feeling. "What happened to your leg?"

"I got shot," she simply said. Charles opened his mouth in surprise.

"Wut!?"

"Long story. Can we just take this bullet out of my leg please?" She tried to change the subject.

"Yeah. I'll do it wait." Said Charles, putting his hands on her leg.

"No you won't," she said, "Haaank!" Clara screamed out to the man.

Hank's head popped out of the door frame of a room.

"You are drunk, Charles," she said. Then she turned back to Hank. "You! Help me now!"

Hank came towards them. "Let's take you to the hospital," he said. Clara shook her head no, bitting her lower lip in pain.

"No. I just ran out of a military base, Hank. They'll be looking for me." Hank nodded.

"Then I'll have to do it myself," said Hank. Clara and Charles's heads turned towards him at the same time.

"What?" They asked at the same time. Clara seamed almost okay about it, and Charles just looked drunk.

"And it's gonna hurt."

***

The Two hours later, Clara found herself screaming in pain while Hank sewed up her leg. She had needed a metal replacement for the bone. Another weakness against her old friend. Charles was barely mentally there. He was just looking at Clara, taking her hand. Some time after, Hank was totally done. Suddenly, they heard someone knocking on the door.

21/09/16