Chapter Nineteen

**ANOTHER TWO YEARS LATER**
(1979)

"Are you sure that's the one, Charlie? She's here?" Clara asked as she helped Charles out of the car and onto his wheelchair.

"Yes. This one is strong, love. Beside from you, she is the first level five mutant I've encountered," Charles explained. Clara smiled. Again, she adored when Charlie called her 'love'.

When Charles was finally sitting down comfortably, Clara pushed him towards the house. Arriving there, he knocked on the door. A young man opened it.

"We are here about the school," said Charles. "I'm Charles Xavier, and this is my lovely wife Clara," Charles presented them. The man extended his hand, to shake Charles's, then Clara's.

"John Grey." As he said his name, a woman appeared behind him. "This is Elaine. Please come in," he said, opening the door, enough for Charles's wheelchair to pass through.

Charles set the chair besides the sofa, in front of an an arm chair. Between the sofa and the arm chair there was a small coffee table, as tall as Clara's knees. She sat down to the complete right of the sofa, besides Charles's chair.

"Jean! Get down here!" John Grey yelled from down the stairs.

"Jean?" Whispered Clara. "The same Jean Logan told us about?"

"Probably," answered Charles.

"How old is she?" Clara asked besides Charles's ear. He shook his head.

"Ten?" He guessed back.

"I'm eleven," said the girl as she reached the bottom of the stairs. Clara and Charles smiled wide as they saw the beautifully ginger girl walking towards them and sitting on the arm chair in front of them.

"Hello, Jean," calmly said Charles. "My name is Charles Xavier, and this is Clara," he presented them with a smile.

"Hi," Jean said.

"We heard that you have some interesting powers, would you mind showing it to us?" Jean hesitated. Clara suddenly felt something weird. Like a presence inside her head. But she knew it wasn't Charles, since he wasn't able to do so. "It's okay. We're your friends," Clara continued. "But you already knew that, right?"

Charles stared at her, confused. And so was Jean. The girl had no idea about Clara's powers.

"Told you we were your friends," Clara spoke in the girl's mind. The girl smiled. "What else can you do?"

Charles stared at Clara, completely confused. Jean suddenly looked outside the window and every car on the street started floating. Clara smiled and Charles looked amazed. How could an eleven years old do what Clara, his strong wife, had difficulty doing.

"Jean!?" Yelled Jean's mother from the other floor, noticing the flying cars. As she screamed, Jean suddenly let go of the cars, letting them fall. But before they could touch the ground, Clara raised her eyes towards them, placing them slowly on the ground.

"You're just like me," Jean whispered in awe. "I though I was the only one."

"Don't ever think that," Charles said. "You are not alone," he confirmed. Jean smile widely.

"I know! You two can do stuff with your minds! And you!" She pointed at Clara. "You have excitedly the same powers as me!" Clara nodded, smiling.

"Yes. And we'll help you with them. We own a school," Clara explained. "A school for special people like you."

Clara and Charles explained the whole plan. That Jean was indeed very powerful. No one had ever been inside Clara's head without her permission, and for that girl it was a piece of cake. Though Clara was happy to help another mutant, and this time, it was a telepath, she was rather interested by the girl, and also quite scared.

What if she wasn't good enough to help that special little girl? That question was the one that would hunt her for years.

___

Yes this was the last chapter of this book. But I'm working on another one! 💛💛

I know, I know. Crappy ending. I don't know how to finish it any way else so, sorry.