Chapter Seventeen

The day had finally arrived. They were getting married. Charles had taken the drugs once more, then swearing never to use it again. He was nervously pacing through the floor, as he carefully waited for his future wife.

"Calm down," said Raven, besides him.

Yes, Raven was there. How could he ever miss that. Her two best friends getting married. Raven was the one to help Clara on the choice of dress. Of course, Hank was there too.

As guests, were all of the children, their students. They all decided to come. Of course, they were about 20 kids, but that was perfect, Clara never wanted a big wedding, and Charles just wants her to be happy.

Suddenly, the piano started playing the bridal song, which made Charles jump and made his heart accelerate. The doors opened and he could already feel tears of joy accumulating in the back of his eyes.

Clara was the most amazing being ever. She was the most wonderful woman Charles had ever met. He breathed deeply, trying not to cry before the ceremony started.

Clara's dress had white sleeves that went to her elbows. White flowers around the base of the dress, that went to her feet. Her hair was made into a classy fancy bun, while her light brown curls were up to her shoulders. She had a hour and gold tiara-like crown over her head, which made her shine. She almost wasn't wearing any make up at all, only the necessary (Raven's words).

Hank was walking her to the altar

Hank was walking her to the altar. To be fair, Hank wasn't her father figure, not at all. But it was the closest she had. Hank was her best friend. If Logan were still there, she would would have asked him to do it. Apparently, they did not get to spend much time together in the future. She's hoping that's changed.

As they walked to Charles, he took her hand and they both faced the priest.

The ceremony went on and on, until it was the time to say the vows. Charles went first.

"Clara," he started. "You have made me a better person than I ever knew I could be... And you continue to bake me better, and braver, and kinder every single day, love. Knowing you and loving you has been the greatest thing I've ever gotten to do in my life, and I can't believe that I get to keep knowing better, and loving you more, everyday for the rest of our lives." Charles put his hand on her cheek and wiped away a tear. She nodded, then proceeded to say her own vows.

"Dear Charles. From this moment, I take you as my best fiend for life. I pledge to honour, encourage and support you through our journey together. When our way becomes difficult, I promise to stand by you and uplift you, so that through our union we can accomplish more than we could alone. I promise to work at our love an always make you a priority in my life. With every piece  of my heart, I will love you." They were both crying. Actually, mostly everyone was crying. Those two were truly made for each other. The priest kept going.

"Charles, repeat after me..." The priest said a big sentence, which Charles remembered and repeated to his love.

"I, Charles Francis Xavier, take you, Clara Katarina Williams, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." Then it was her turn.

"I, Clara Katarina Williams, take you, Charles Francis Xavier, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

"Charles, do you accept Clara as your loved wife?"

"Yes. I do."

"Clara, do you accept Charles as you beloved husband?"

"Of course I do," she quickly answered.

"Then I proclaim you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Charles took Clara by her waist and kissed her passionately. Everyone cheered and applauded as they made proof of their love.

"You are beautiful," Charles finally had the chance to say. Clara smiled and blushed away.

That was it. That was definitely the best day in their lives.