Chapter Nine

Clara felt like the scene happened in slow motion.

Hank charged towards Erik, and pushed him to the floor, making him let go of the gun. But Erik could control metal, and that gun was metal. So before hitting the floor, Erik mentally pulled the trigger.

The bullet was heading towards Charles' head, but Erik changed its course to go right outside the window, where Raven was. It went right to her leg. She fell two stories before hitting the hard ground outside.

When that was over, Erik punched Hank away of him. Logan started shaking like he was the one being shot with the taser gun. Clara placed both of her hands on the sides of his head.

"What is wrong with him?" Yelled Charles.

"He's slipping. He's slipping back. To the future!" Clara yelled back. Logan closed his eyes, took a breath, then opened them again. Breathing heavily, he seamed confused. His vision was blurry as he saw the fight between Hank and Erik. Then a pretty girl came into his sight.

"Logan?"

Meanwhile, Erik descended himself like a god thought the window towards Raven. She still had a bullet inside her leg, so Magneto pulled her towards him, ripping the bullet from her leg.

While the fight was going on downstairs, Logan's fight with himself was happening right where Clara and Charles were left behind.

"Where am I?" Asked Logan.

"Huh?" Did Charles.

"How the hell did I get here?" Asked Logan, trying to get up. Clara put one hand on his torso, keeping him down.

"Don't get up. You came to us," explained Clara.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"I'm Clara."

"Who the hell are you??" He yelled again, taking Charles's shoulder.

"Charles Xavier!" Yelled back Charles.

"I don't know you." He said.

"Huh?" Did Charles and Clara at the same time. Behind them, Hank got up. The problem was, he wasn't Hank. It was Beast.

"What the hell is that?!?" Logan yelled, terrified, as he took two steps back. Hank charged towards Logan, and so Logan charged towards him. Clara put herself in Logan's way as Charles put himself in Hank's.

"Woah, woah!" Yelled Clara.

"Just go!" Charles told Hank. "We can handle this! Just stop Erik?" Hank took a step back and nodded, falling right through the window where the two other mutants had fell.

"You're Logan," started Clara. "I'm Clara, this is Charles," she said, pointing to Charles. "That blue man was Hank McCoy. There's not need to be afraid of him. You've spent the last couple of days with us."

"You're on acid." Simply said Charles. Clara stared at him, but he ignored it, because it seamed to be working. "Someone gave you really, bad acid, eh?" As Logan seamed to calm down, they noticed every metal object in the room going flying right through the window. People started screaming outside.

"Go," Charles simply said to Clara. She ran and jumped through the window, stopping herself with her telekinesis before she hit the ground.

Once downstairs, she could see every car, street lamp and other metal objects were being dragged towards one place; the fountain, where Hank was drowning Erik. Clara couldn't only see the metal, but she could feel it. She felt the magnetic field Erik was creating and she could feel everything being pulled towards him, like a giant magnet. He was called Magneto, after all.

"Hank! Stop!" She yelled, but Hank didn't stop. Raven seamed to be gone, she probably had turned into another person and ran away. Yet, Clara had a bigger problem. The cars were hitting people, dragging them while the lamps hit people on their head.

"Hold on tight," Charles said. "Well get through this together."

Clara put her hands up as she used all of her strength to keep the cars in place. While doing that, she tried to stop everything else in midair, before it hurt more people. It was a complicated job, she trembled was her knees gave up, still keeping everything in place. Yet, without her help, Hank would probably kill Erik. She had to help him too. She concentrated on her telepathy powers, using everything on Hank. LET GO OF HIM, NOW! She yelled into Hank's mind, as she let out a scream out loud.

Immediately, Hank let go of Erik's throat, sling him surface the water and breathe. As soon as Erik realised what he was doing to all the cars, he let go of everything. Clara fell unconscious to the ground, exhausted, and hit her head on the hard ciment. She had never been more concentrated before, and that took a lot of her. Hank was still compelled to stay still, while Erik walked towards Clara's unconscious body. He kissed her forehead.

"Thank you. And I'm sorry," he said, before leaving.

Upstairs, Logan seamed to be back. He took deep breaths and closed his eyes for a moment.

"Professor?" Logan asked. Charles smiled.

"What happened to you?" Charles asked.

"I just saw someone who's gonna bring a lot of pain, some day," he explained, referring to the guard who had been electrocuted with his own teaser by Erik. "Where's Raven?" He asked, suddenly realising they were the only ones left in the room. Charles scoffed.

"Gone."

"What?" Logan asked.

"We have to get out of here," he said. "Find Clara and Hank!" He yelled as he got outside the room, looking for the stairs down. Logan followed him outside.

As soon as he saw Clara's body laying in te ground, Charles started running as fast as he could.

"Clara!" He shouted as he ran towards her. "Clara?" He asked again, once by her side. He kneeled besides her and picked her up. He took her into the plane, where he took care of her head injury as they took off to New York once more. "Dear god, what have they done to you..." Charles mumbled as they flew.