Chapter Fourteen

Clara looked up and saw a shadow forming in the skies. Yet, there wasn't a single cloud present. The sentinels took off and flew up.

"Raven, please listen to me," Charles said into Raven's mind, yet, Clara heard it. "We've been given a second chance to define who we are. Don't do this."

Meanwhile, Logan and Hank walked towards the Secret Service man Raven had taken form of. Only to be stopped by a guard.

"Gentlemen, you cannot pass this point," the guard said.

Clara was still staring at the sentinels, and Charles didn't seam to have noticed, since he was concentrating on stopping Raven. In less than one second, the giant robots pointed their metal-gun arms to the police men. Clara then knew exactly who was controlling them. Erik.

All of the metal men starters shooting, which made Charles let go of Raven's mind. She was free once more.

"It's Erik," sais Clara.

"ERIK!" Charles screamed, after his attempt on talking to him through his mind failed.

The sentinels started by shooting cars and stuff, but then started pointing at people, civilians. Clara couldn't let that happen.

"Charles, take care of Erik. He's got the helmet on again," Clara said. Charles nodded.

Hank and Logan ran to a car, trying to find an escape. Yet, a sentinel was after them. It blew up the car, sending them to the floor, and positioned itself to shoot the two mutants. The sentinel shot hundreds of bullets as Hank and Logan closed their eyes. When they did open it, they found the bullets to be floating right above their heads. Clara was to their left, holding the bullets with her powers. She let them fall on their heads to take care to the sentinel it self.

The sentinel was quite heavy, but she was able to push it away towards a tree, where it exploded. Erik seamed to realise one of his sentinels was destroyed, because he sent three more after Clara. The flew after her as she ran away across the ground. They locked their target and were ready to shoot. Then, suddenly, they stopped following her and started flying up. Clara looked up and saw a baseball stadium flying around. She knew Erik was inside it. The stadium flew right above them and stopped.

Suddenly, some cement chunks and metal were falling to the ground. She tried to stop as much as she could, but she missed the most important one.

"Charles!" She heard Logan screaming. Clara turned her head to see Charles fallen under metal strands. She ran towards them, bumping into Logan, both hitting their heads against each other.

Clara fell to the ground, her head aching like hell. Logan tried to get her up, but she shook her head. She had a vision. A glimpse into the past, through Logan's head.

A bunch of metal bits, shaped in form of knives flew towards them. She could see a white haired woman, a metal man, a woman with pink hair, a man with red eyes and red electricity going through his skin and an old man, flying above the entrance of what seamed to be a temple. As the sharp pieces reached them, all of the people there hid. All of the but the old man, who just stopped the knives with his powers.

Erik, Clara thought. After they were passed, the others, who where hiding, came out.

"Everyone's okay?" Asked the white haired girl. The others nodded and mumbled things like 'yeah' and 'I'm fine'. Again, all but one. Erik had been stabbed. His lower stomach was empaled with metal, which was very ironuc if you think about it. He put his hand around it and pulled it out of his body. After he was done, a sentinel turned his arm into a gigantic knife, with which he killed the white haired woman.

"Clara!" Yelled Logan. Clara let go of her head. "What happened? I'm sorry."

"I--" she started, not sure how to tell him this. "I think I just saw your friend die." Logan's face fell.

"Which friend?" He calmly asked.

"A white haired woman. Storm." Logan nodded. "And.. Erik just got stabbed. At least... I think it was Erik." Logan just froze. He couldn't believe his friends were dying. Clara realised what she'd done. "We need to stop Erik. And Raven. We still have a chance of preventing that from happening."

Surprisingly, Erik had let the whole stadium fall around the White House, making a circle of cement around them. Erik lowered himself and the sentinels to the ground. Some of the sentinels stood on the stadium, pointing their guns at policeman that passed by.

Logan nodded and ran towards Erik. The three of them, Logan, Clara and Hank, hid before a stone fallen in the middle of the stadium.

"I know I'm not supposed to ask this," started Hank. "But in the future, do I make it?"

"No," Logan said. Clara knew it was a lie. She knew Logan was lying to keep Hank fighting. She appreciated him for that. "But we can change it, right?"

Hank nodded and transformed himself into Beast, the blue animal. That caught Erik's attention. He looked back, spotting the three mutants. He looked back at one Sentinel and said;

"Do what you have to do."

The sentinel pointed its gun towards Clara. Somehow, it was able to detect the level of the mutant, so Clara was its target number one. Clara ran away, chased by the sentinel.

"I've got this!" She screamed to the boys.

Meanwhile, another Sentinel came to attack Logan. They started body fighting, until Hank threw himself on te Sentinel's head. He bit some cables and pulled out its head.

"Go! Get Erik!" Hank yelled to Logan. He nodded and started walking towards Magneto.

When Erik noticed him, he started throwing metal objects towards him. Logan either got out of the way or he cut the thing in two. Until Erik threw a concrete piece from behind him, hitting his back. Logan fell to the ground.

As Logan was laying on the ground, Erik compelled some Metal bars to go through Logan's body. The bats went in and out, making many wholes and staying inside his body. Logan groaned in pain.

Erik lifted him up, floating in the air.

"So much for being a survivor," Magneto said, before sending Logan's body flying back, until it fell to the water and hit the bottom of the lake.

Clara, with her powers, compressed the metal robot that was following her, making it implode. She was scared by the giant metal box that came right through the wall of the White House, destroying the entrance.