Chapter Two

They knocked again.

"Who could that be?" Asked Charles. "Are you expecting someone, Hank?"

"Logan. You know him?" Clara asked. Both the men stared at her for a moment and Hank shook his head, then he decided to open the door.

"How can I help you?" Asked Hank, asking himself if the man was with the police or if they were after Clara.

"Um. Yeah... what happened to the school?" Asked the mysterious man. He had the most weird beard and he was wearing shades.

"The school's been shut for months. Are you a parent?" Hank said.

The man scoffed. "I sure as hell hope not. Who are you?"

"Im Hank. Hank McCoy. I look after the house, now," Hank lied, to make the man go away.

"You're Beast? Look at you. I guess you're a late bloomer."

"I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm gonna ask you to leave," Hank said, as he pushed the door shut. What he didn't see coming, was that the man, who ever he was, opened the door before Hank could shut it.

"So where's the Professor?" Asked Logan. Hank flinched as he pushed the door open and got inside.

"There's no professor here," said Hank. "I said the school's closed. You need to leave."

For Hank's luck, Charles and Clara fled to another room before the man came in.

"Look kid. One day we're gonna be great friends," he said. "But you are a big pain in the ass now. Sorry," he said, before punching Hank on the face. Hank felt his rage building up. Before he realised it, he had punched the man back. They were fighting. Hank got so caught up with it, that he found himself hanging upside down on the chandelier.

Charles had to interfere. "Hank? What is going on here?" He asked.

"Professor?" Asked Logan.

"Please don't call me that," Charles demanded.

"You know this crazy guy?" Hank asked.

"He... looks slightly familiar," Charles said. "Get off the bloody chandelier, Hank."

Hank jumped to the ground.

"You can walk?" Asked Logan. Charles sighed.

"You're a perceptive one." Ironised Charles.

"I thought Erik--"

"Which makes it slightly perplexing that you missed our sign on the way in," Charles interrupted. Charles kinda knew that man wasn't with the police of with the military. Still, he didn't want a strange man to be in his house. "This is private property, my friend. I'm gonna have to ask him to ask you to leave," he said, pointing one finger to Hank.

"Well I'm afraid I can't do that," Logan said. "Because you see... I was sent here for you."
Charles took a step back.

"Well tell who ever it was that sent you that I'm.. busy," Charles was able to act.

"Well that's gonna be tricky... because the person who sent me," the man said. "Was you."

"What?" Charles asked.