Chapter Ten

Logan had Clara in his arms as the four mutants walked back into the mansion. As they walked through the door, Charles yelped and fell right to the floor.

"What happened?" Asked Logan, putting Clara down on the couch. Hank helped to lean Charles against a wall, sitting down on the ground. "Why can't he walk?"

"He needs his treatment," hank said, as he was putting Charles down.

"Hank, i can hear them," Charles warned shakily. To be honest, Logan was scared. He had never seen the professor in such state.

Charles was breathing rapidly, as he was leaning against the wall. His hand, next to his head, trembling. Charles had no control. He placed both hands over his ears.

"It's okay," said Hank. "Your medicine. I'll get it," and he sprinted for the stairs. Charles was trembling, while a tear formed in her eye and fell to his cheek.

"Hey hey," Logan said. "Pull yourself together. It's not over yet." Charles placed his hands over his ears, accidentally placing them over his temples, waking Clara up as she gasped in surprise, not knowing where she was.

"You dont believe that," simply and wisely said Charles. Logan shivered. He sounded like another man.

"How do you know?" Asked Logan, frowning.

"As these go," he said, pointing at his legs with shaky hands. "This comes back," he placed his hand over his temple. His wise face now turning into a grimace from the pain. "They all come back," he whispered, crying and placing both hands over his ears, wanting to stop the voices. But he couldn't, for they were of no exterior source.

Clara finally got up. She sat down, not know what was going on. She felt an aching pain coming from her head. As she touched the wound see thought inexistent, she flinched in pain. When Clara perceived Charles crying on the floor, she quickly stood and ran towards him, falling down on the way, but quickly getting up and kneeling besides Charles.

"What is it?" She desperately asked. "What is it Charles? What's happening?"

"They're all back," he sobbed as his voice broke. Clara felt her heart breaking in a thousand pieces.

"What? What are back?" She softly asked, trying to calm him down. She knew what was back, that's exactly why she wanted to keep him talking. Keep him concentrated in something else.

"The voices," Charles said back as a whisper. Poor thing, Clara thought. Forget plan A. Plan B: helping him to go through it.

"You have to ignore them, Charlie," Clara finally said. "All of them. Concentrate on my voice, and on my voice only." Charles closes his eyes for a second, then shook his head, visibly in pain. "Charles I need you." She said. He opened his eyes, a tear falling down his cheek. "I need you to concentrate. We will never find Raven without your powers. They are a part of you, Charlie. And I need the whole of you."

Charles was now determined to succeed on chasing the voices away. He closed his eyes once more. Only to open them again.

"I can't. Please don't make me do this," he cried out. Logan gasped in empathy, as for him, the professor was always a strong man. But right there and then, he was extremely vulnerable. Clara then placed her hands besides Charles's ears, around his own hands. Charles's breathing was heavy. Clara was afraid he would just going to have a panic attack right there.

"I'm not making you do it. I'm asking you to. Begging you." Charles shook his head. "Charlie, I would never ask you to do such thing if I didn't know you were capable of doing it. You need to build a wall around your thoughts. Only keep them in, and the rest out."

"I just can't do it," he said as his voice broke. Clara was hopeless. Charles was hyperventilating as Clara heard Hank, upstairs, finally finding the drug. Screw plan B, let's go back to plan A. As a last hope of taking Charles' mind off the voices, Clara leaned forward and kissed Charle's soft lips. His breathing quickly calmed down.

As Hank came down the stairs with the cure in his hands, Logan shook his head, telling Hank he would not need to give Charles the medicine. Hank walked down the stairs as Charles and Clara didn't break their kiss.

"They are watching. Staring." Said Charles, inside Clara's mind. Clara smiled, breaking their kiss, but soon going back for another one.

"Let them." She said back into his mind. "I missed this." Charles chuckled.

"The mind-flirting thing or the kissing? Because I missed both," Charles said.

"Both is good."