Chapter Twelve

GUYS IM SO SORRY I KEPT YOU WAITING  HERE'S TWO CHAPTERS HSKSBSKBDKSBSKSHKSHSKDB THANKS FOR READING.

Hank and Logan stood outside of Cerebro while Clara and Charles talked inside, the doors closed.

"What--you... you want me to use Cerebro?" Asked Clara, already panicking.

"Don't panic. Yes I do. But let me tell you, it isn't what you think it is."

"I think you are trying to make me use Cerebro. Thats exactly what's happening!" Clara shouted. Then her face turned from anger to fear in a frame of a second. "You how I can't do that, Charles. I told you. I just can't." Charles felt like the worst boyfriend in the world by asking her that, but he had to.

"Why can't she do it?" Asked Logan. When I said they were outside, I just meant outside. I never said they weren't listening.

"It's a long story. She didn't have an easy childhood," answered Hank.

"You said I didn't believe in is myself. You were right." Charles explained. "I don't. But I believe in you. You made me surpass my fear of gaining my powers back. Let me help you with this," Charles said softly. He took Clara's hands on his, then placing a kiss on the back of her left hand. "I believe in you." Clara looked at Charles. She stared at his electric blue eyes for a moment. They were so beautiful, and just, and true. She closed her eyes, and nodded.

"I will try." She finally said. Charles softly smiled.

"Thank you."

Charles opened the door of Cerebro and let Hank and Logan back in. They walked once more towards the helmet. Clara hesitated before taking it.

"You don't have to do it," said Hank. Hank, besides Charles and Erik, was the only one who knew what happened to her, and why she was scared of Cerebro.

"Yes. Yes I do," replied Clara. "And you know so."

"Come here," said Charles, tapping his leg. "Sit down." Clara hesitated, but sat down on his legs. "Before you do this, you need to concentrate. You will be able to hear every single mind in the world, but you need to concentrate on finding Raven's." She nodded.

Clara took Cerebro's helmet. Slowly, she placed it on her head. For a few seconds, she didn't see anything. Then it all came to her. She inhaled a fast breath and reached for Charles's hand.

Clara saw the world, covered in white and red lights. The white lights were the majority, the three quarters.

"The white ones are the humans. The red ones are the mutants, focus on them," Charles said, drawing circles with his thumb on the back of her hand. Clara nodded, as they witnessed every white light going out. "That's it."

Clara went through every red light in North and South America. No sign of Raven. She went through Europe and Africa, again, no signs of her. She went through Asia and Oceania and no signs of her. Charles felt how her whole body was shaking above him. She was really giving her everything to try and find Raven. Her shaky hands grabbed Charles harder.

"I--I can't do this, Charles," she started shaking her head.

"Yes you can," replied Charles. "Because I believe in you. And so you need to."

Clara concentrated. It took her some time, but she finally heard something.

"Avis à tous les passagers," said a voice.

"French?" Asked Clara. "Shes still in Paris."

"Clara, talk to her."

"Raven," said Clara, taking the mind of an old woman, sitting besides her. "Stop. Stop running," she said. Raven turned to the old woman. She stared at her, before understanding what was going on.

"Charles?" Asked Raven.

"No," said Clara.

"Clara? Where are you?" Asked Raven. She sounded worried.

"Back at the house, where you should be," explained Clara, in a flat tone. "I need you to come home. We all do." Raven got up.

"I know what I need to do," said Raven, walking away. Clara let go of the woman's mind, taking over a man's sitting with his wife.

"If you kill Trask, you'll be creating countless more just like him," she said in the man's voice.

"Then I'll kill them too," Raven simply replied. Clara let go of the man's mind to take over a younger's.

"Those are Erik words, not yours," she said. Raven turned to look into the young man's eyes, yet she bumped into a woman, letting go of her papers. Both her and the woman got down to pick them from the ground.

"The girl I grew up with wasn't capable of killing," said the woman. Raven realised it was Clara once more. "She was good, fair, full of compassion."

"I have compassion. Just not for Trask," Raven replied. "He's murdered too many of us." Raven took her documents from the woman's hand while Clara let go of her mind, leaving her there, confused.

"Shut her down, Clara," said Logan, taking Clara away from her thoughts. "Get in her head."

"She's not letting me in. I--I've never done this before... I'm sorry I'm not strong enough," Clara said, as a whisper. Charles squeezed her hand.

There was one thing she could do.

Raven suddenly jumped of surprise. Clara was appearing to her, right in front of her.

"I know what Trask has done," said Clara. "But killing him will not bring them back. It will set you on a path from which there is no return. An endless cycle of killing. Us and them. Until there is nothing left. But we can stop it. Right now. You and I. You just have to come... home." A tear fell through her cheek.

"I have to." Finally repeated Raven, chuckling sarcastically. "Letting Charles tell you what to do? You haven't changed at all, Clara. "

"No one is telling me what to do, Raven," Clara said firmly. Then she softened her voice. "Please come back, Raven."

Clara witnessed Raven's expression softening, but it soon turned back to her serious face. 

"Like I said, I know exactly what I have to do."

Clara inhaled sharply as Raven walked right through Clara's appearance in her mind.

The lights of Cerebro all shut down and Clara closed her eyes. Charles softly took away her helmet and placed it back on the table.

"Where is she?" Asked Logan.

"Shes in an airport," said Clara, still shaken. "Boarding a plane."

"A plane to where?" Asked Logan.

"Washington DC."