thirteen: ocean eyes

lennon

☼~☼~☼~☼~☼

"are you waiting for anyone?"

"huh?" when lennon swivels in her seat, her eyes land on a tan boy with golden hair and blue eyes crafted from ocean waves. the half smile on his face comes packed with hidden ammunition.

"is anyone sitting here?" the boy motions to the empty seat beside her with a tilt of his head.

"not that i know of."

"are you here alone?"

"do you have a problem with that?"

when he shakes his head, drops of saltwater sprinkle the hardwood floors of the restaurant. he smells like expensive cologne and fresh sand. "i was just wondering."

lennon shifts slightly in her seat as the tall boy sits down. acoustic music bounces off the walls in the shack, chatter covering the atmosphere in a soft blanket.

"you ordered the lemonade, too?" the boy asks. "is it any good?"

"yeah," her eyes fall to the glass of lemonade in front of her, "it's pretty good."

"that's a relief." he releases a heavy sigh." my friend has been telling me to try it since the first day we got here, but i don't know if he's trustworthy."

"and what makes you think i am?"

"if you keep saying things like that, i'm going to have to reevaluate my decision to reveal my name."

"and what is your name?"

"it's william, but all of my friends call me billy."

"banana suit billy," lennon mumbles under her breath.

"what did you say?"

"nothing. don't worry about it."

"and what should i call you?"

"lennon."

☼~☼~☼~☼~☼