Prologue

I want to get away: away from the abuse at home, hell at school, but we're not friends. I could never be friends with Gerard Way. He's just so far up his own ass that I'm surprised he can breathe, and really, like that there's no chance in hell that he'll ever listen to a single word I say, let alone that I'll ever be able to put up with him for longer than five minutes at a time.

His brother may be even more of asshole than him, making my school life living hell and after my mother passed away due to cancer, my father turned into a being comprised of only alcohol and bitter hatred.

And despite how much of an asshole Gerard Way is, he's the only one that seems to make it better: with him it's forgetting the rest of the world, because there's nothing quite like his asshole personality that has me hating something other than myself, even if it's just for a few minutes.

But he's fucked up, to say the least, and everytime I think we're getting somewhere, he finds the need to push me away with another lie, another story, another elaborate plot: all concocted only to have me falling dangerously in love with him.

But he should learn that when you push people, they're going to fall and falling hurts like hell, especially when you're falling hard, and with Gerard Way, he'd redefined falling itself, so maybe you shouldn't just make people fall for you, unless you know you're going to be there to catch them.

He's nothing but trouble and comes with nothing but a fucked up set of morals to be boot, and despite his eagerness to abuse such an apathetic mind, it sure is a hard job convincing him to trust me with anything, let alone the truth, and for the most part, I don't even know why I bother; he's pyschotic and irrational with bright red hair, a hell of an attitude and the smile of a madman, and the kind of irrational way of living that has you screaming at him as he laughs along like it's nothing.

It's just his flaming red hair that's setting my heart on fire right? And maybe it's just his 'punch me in the face' personality that's making me want to do far more things to him than just that. I shouldn't be interested, because a big dick doesn't count if all of it's his personality, and how I even began thinking about Gerard Way's dick is just something that I rather not know.

But it's freedom, and he makes me feel alive, because I'm just Frank Iero, just a fuck up, a seventeen year old highschool fuck up, and he's the mystery boy with good looks to boot, and of course, it's far too good to be true, but like that would ever stop me at all.