36: What Do I Do When I Am So In Love With You?

"You almost look cute like that." I let out a happy little sigh, brushing Gerard's hair behind his ear as he snuggled into my side, his eyelids flickering shut, and I guessed he was just about asleep by now, or perhaps even fully so.

"Almost?" He asked, raising one eyebrow and proving me wrong. "Why only almost? I'm offended." He added, a smirk slithering across his lips as he stretched his legs out a little, continuing in his use of the whole backseat as a bed and rather unfortunately for me, my lap as a pillow.

"Whatever, just go back to sleep." I let out a sigh, wondering how the hell I was supposed to even get a wink of sleep myself when my boyfriend was practically nuzzling his face against my crotch, and knowing Gerard, I wouldn't be all that surprised if I woke up to find him blowing me or something... in the back seat of a car that definitely should belong to a single mother, and with his brother sat barely a metre in front of us, curled up suspiciously close to a certain Pete Wentz.

This was really getting rather suspicious by now. Obviously things could have just turned sour with Alicia and Pete, unlike myself, was being a good friend and comforting Mikey and not dating his brother, but really when they were curled up that close, it was well past the comforting stage by now.

I wondered if Gerard had noticed this - I doubted he had, because although I'm in love with him, there's no way around the fact that he's a prick sometimes, and if he'd had noticed the tension between the two on the level that I had, he would be up and screaming all about it at the top of his lungs.

So I guess he was ignorance was put to some sort of use right here. And even if things had gone sour with Alicia, he really wasn't doing anything to help that situation by basically just rubbing it in Mikey's face, and even though Mikey himself was a bit of a heartless ass, he cared about Alicia more than for her just to be a casual fuck, and this had to be hurting him.

Even fucking Pete Wentz had recognised that.

And really Pete wasn't the brightest crayon is the box, and in fact I reckoned that comparing him to a crayon was kind of fitting... of course in the least offensive way possible, because the reality of the situation was that I wasn't exactly exceeding all expectations in the friendship department with an asshole that used to and probably still does but on a lesser extent, hate me, a really kind of annoying dumb gay kid, the asshole's brother who is my boyfriend and even more of an asshole than his brother sometimes, and my music teacher... who heard me fucking my boyfriend last night, which is just great.

And of course, there was the fact that Pete was gay, which of course lead to even further suspicion as to what was going on between the two of them.

I couldn't help but feel a little sorry for Pete, though, because there was a horribly brutal reality to this situation and that was that Pete was gay and Mikey was kind of a homophobe, and the two of those things didn't really fit together, especially not in the long term. I was just worried that Pete would end up falling for Mikey and getting hurt when his feelings weren't returned, or I suspected they wouldn't be.

But there was really no telling with Mikey. He could just be upset and looking for someone to care about him before he recharged his asshole powers, but who knows, perhaps it could be something more.

I would of course never really know unless I asked him, and with Mikey as defensive as he was, there was no telling just how little of a response I would receive, or if I did, just how painfully sarcastic it would be, and how much he would absolutely despite my guts for even suspecting that there could possibly be anything going on there.

And I'd just hate for him to take that out on Pete.

Because as annoying as Pete was he meant well, and he was an alright guy, he seemed to be a better friend than I was too, actually comforting Mikey instead of standing around and looking embarrassed as Gerard hurled insult after insult in his brother's direction. I wouldn't be all that surprised if Mikey wanted to shoot me just about now.