21: Rebellion Brings All Sorts Of Consequences

"Mikey hates me now." I sighed into nothingness, watching Gerard's clouds of smoky breath, laced with the slow and subtle poisoning within his daily dose of rolled up cancer, drift off between the trees.

"I would expect so." Gerard returned rather coldly, tapping cigarette ash down against the tree stump we were sat on. I'm sat between his legs, his back pressed up against mine, leaving his words to hit the back of my neck and his smoke to drift past my left side.

I think it was more of a matter of the lack of space for the both of us to sit comfortably side by side as opposed to a romantic gesture, because I'd learnt by now that Gerard just wasn't the type. Gerard just didn't do a particularly good job when it came to expressing any form of emotions really.

"Does he hate you...?" I dragged out my question, realising as a few words had left my lips just how stupid and kind of obvious the answer was, especially to someone quite as impatient as Gerard.

"He's always hated me, Frankie. You know that." Gerard sighed out a puff of smoke, resting his chin on my left shoulder as the distance between us diminished entirely. Not that I minded at all, because when Gerard was as fucking pretty as he was now, with that cigarette tucked neatly between those pink lips of his, how could I mind at all?

"He doesn't hate you-" I protested, despite the obvious truth within Gerard's words.

"Yeah, he just cares about me far too much - I've heard all that bullshit before, Frankie." He snapped out, pulling me far too much into reality for my own liking; I preferred it all in the quiet little bubble of just Gerard and I sat far too close together with nothing but nicotine between us. Nicotine was nice - I didn't mind the nicotine, and for a non-smoker, I was horribly and absurdly addicted to the substance.

"Sorry- I, I just- he does care, he's just fucking stubborn about it... as you Ways are." I met his gaze, raising my eyebrows, letting out a chuckle from Gerard's lips. I was glad he saw the light hearted side of my words and didn't decide to punch me or something because I really doubted I'd enjoy that at all.

"I'm not stubborn." He protested calmly, his arms snaking around my waist, teasing me of course, or perhaps just getting me to shut the fuck up via the means of relentless flirtations, however in the case of the latter, I wasn't sure that I really minded all that much.

"Really?" I pulled my head back to lock our eyes in contact. "I don't believe you."

"I'm not stubborn." He said in quite possibly the most stubborn tone known to mankind, because Gerard was nothing short of a fucking stubborn ass hypocrite.

I raised my eyebrows, biting back the smirk that was attacking my lips in a grasp of ivy. "You seem pretty... I don't know... stubborn about that-"

"Shut up." And before I could protest, he leaned in, placing his lips against mine, sucking down on my bottom lip until the only noises I was making were moans against his lips. Because fuck, Gerard was a fucking good kisser and no amount of stubbornness or mess regarding his asshole of a brother was going to change that- well I suppose Mikey could punch his lips off his face, but I doubted Gerard would let him.

"He's going to hate us even more for doing that." I breathed out as he finally pulled away, seemingly satisfied with my moaning and lack of bitchy retorts escaping my lips.

Gerard raised his eyebrows before pulling the corners of his mouth up into a smirk. "Maybe that's exactly why I did it."

I grinned as I pressed my head back into his chest, listening to his heartbeat and not even caring as he stumped his cigarette out amongst the dried leaves that carpeted the forest floor all year round.