Chapter 5

Robyn

I just got in the car and drove straight. It felt like I was driving for forever. Even after I knew for certain I’ve never seen my scenery I went some more. I wanted to make sure no one knew me wherever I went. Before we left I changed. I just asked Melissa to give me some clothes so I’m sure I look fine. She would’ve told me something if I didn’t but she said nothing.

Melissa fell asleep within the first 10 minutes of me driving. I don’t know what came over me that made me want to invite her. All I know is that if I got out of hand she’d be there for me. Not that I was planning to but I wasn’t planning on going out. Things are just starting to happen so nothing can be ruled out at this point. That’s the disadvantages of acting on impulse. I was purposely acting on it. Going out tonight was an impulsive thought. Bringing Melissa another one. I feel as though yesterday was a sign that I have to act more on impulse. I felt like something was wrong but I went. I just can’t get over that. I felt like I shouldn’t go but I didn’t listen. That’s the hardest for me to take more than anything. I could have stopped it before it ever happened but I didn’t.

After a few more minutes of me driving I had to go to the restroom. I stopped at a near by gas station. Before I got out I woke Melissa up to go with me. I didn’t want to just leave her in the car by herself. She woke up asking a billion questions though. 

"Where are we? What time is it? How long was I out? Are we almost there?" She just kept asking questions and didn’t give me enough time to answer them. 

"Can we play 21 questions after I go to the restroom?" I said walking into the store. I really didn’t know where we were. I just drove. I wasn’t paying attention to the signs or anything i just drove.

We walked into the store and asked the clerk where the restrooms were. He pointed to the them but told us that they only had one. Even though I had to go Melissa went first. I didn’t mind all that much.

I walked up to the cashier and looked at him. He was cute. Extremely cute. Even if I’m mad at guys right now I couldn’t deny that he was cute. “Excuse me, I’m kind of lost where am I ?”

He looked at me then smiled. “Are you from out of town?” 

I don’t know where I’m at, so how am I suppose to know if I’m out of town or not. “That depends on where I’m at. Where am I ?”

He smirked. “Worthings. Are you?”

Damn I drove that far. It didn’t even feel like I was driving that long. That’s all the way in another parish. ” ha, yes very much so.” I let out a sarcastic laugh. At least I got what I wanted. I’m pretty damn sure no one knows me in this parish.

"Well where are you trying to get to?" Before I could answer Melissa came out of the restroom.

She walked up to me and just stared. I don’t understand what for. I didn’t even ask I just walked passed her and went to the restroom.

When I came out she was in the car. Something didn’t feel right. I didn’t know what to do though. I went back to the cashier. “I’m trying to get to the gap.” I really wasn’t I was just thinking since I’m here I might as well.

"Well you’re in luck. My friend and I was just about to head over there ourselves. Just follow us and we’ll lead the way Just wait a few minutes for me to get my things." I told him sure and walked back to the car.

"When I got in Melissa was stilling giving me the same look at before. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I was tired of ignoring it. I don’t understand what I did to her.

"Answer my questions first then I’ll answer yours." She said folding her arms.

"We are in Christ Church, I don’t have a watch so idk and the entire ride. Now why are you looking at me like that?"