Chapter Three

Nia's POV

"Hello everyone! Hope you all have had a wonderful day, yes?" Of course nobody replied to Charlie. Charlie picks the names out of the bucket. "Okay, why don't we start off with our lucky lady?"

I saw Max smile at me from the boys' crowd, I gave him a little smile back.

"Okay our girl is going to be......" He stuck his hand into the bucket and walked to the microphone with a note in his hand. "Nia Frasier. Nia why don't you come up here for us."

My jaw dropped when I heard my name be called. I immediatly started to freak out, I glanced at Max who's face was a shade of red. Max looked like he was going to kill some one. I took a step towards the aisle when an arm grabbed me.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" Max yelled.

"Ah Nia, stand right up here please." I felt as if I was as pale as a ghost right now.

"And for the male we have........... Dominick Olivers!"

"Max, please don't do it!" I mouthed to Max.

"I have to!" Max mouthed back.

"Max, don't. I love you." Max started to cry, it was to late for him to volunteer now. They took both of us into seperate rooms. I sat there in an empty room waiting, waiting for Max and my family to burst through that door.

"Nia?" My mom asked.

"I'm here!"

"Nia, I'm so sorry. I love you more than anything in this world!"

"I love you, stay strong!" My dad said.

"Love you to the moon and back." William said.

"Well, I love you too the stars and back!" Evan said.

"I love you guys, too! I will be back! I will win this for you guys!" That was a total lie, I know I'm not going to make it.

I hugged each one of them then they sent Max in.

"Why didn't you let me do it?"

"Shut up, Max."

"Nia?"

"Yes, Max?"

"I love you, too." He grabbed my face and kissed me.

"Times up, lets go kid." A guard pushed Max and grabbed my arm.

"Bye!" I yelled before I was dragged out of the room.

Maddie's POV

"Why don't we start with the males this year?" She reached into the bucket and returned with a note. "For our boy we have................ Hunter Wallace!" No, not Hunter!

"No!" I whimpered.

"And for the girls..................... Rachael Walsh!"

"I-I-I" I whispered. "I volunteer!" I said louder this time.

"Maddie, no!" I heard Kenzie yell.

"I have to." I whispered to myself.

"Well, we have a volunteer!"

"Why'd you do that, Maddie?" Hunter asked

"I need to be with you."

They shoved me into a room and a few seconds later my family came in.

"Maddie! I love you, I love you more than anything. I don't want you to go, I am nothing without you!"

"Kenzie, you are everything. Stay strong, for me. I love you." I was expecting for my mom to hug me but instead I got a hard slap to the face.