Chapter Five

Paige's POV

  "Good morning!" Finnick  said.

  "Morning guys!"

  "You're not going to be to happy."

  "Why?"

  "The Games are going to be a day early due to something, I forgot the reason."

  "Why is that so bad?"

  "You have training today with the other tributes instead of me."

  "What? You have to train me with the bow! I need to make allies today before they're all gone! Nobody wants a girl who knows nothing about weapons!"

  "You don't have to do a bow! Paige, you will do great with just a knife and a spear, remember you're a natural!"

  "Okay, but what if they still don't like me?"

  "They will! If I like you they'll like you! Now go get dressed, training is in twenty minutes and you need breakfast!"

  "Twenty minutes? Be right back!" I ran up to my room and put on my training clothes. I ran back to the room where everybody is and grabbed a muffin.

  "Tyler already left, so you better go!"

  "Bye!"

  When I got to the training center I saw a bunch of kids, well duh! Thank God there's no little kids, just ones around my age. I see a few girls that look as terrified as I feel, difference is that I'm not showing it. I see Tyler bonding with a guy around his age, which is good.

  I walk over to a set full of knives and pick one up. I can feel a pair of eyes on me, I turn to see a girl maybe a year or two younger than me. I think she's the girl from District Two, Madison something? She looks tough and ready to kill someone but at the same time, there's a hint of scared in her eyes. I felt another pair of eyes on me, I turned and saw the girl from District One. She volunteered just so she can be in the Hunger Games. She's probably going to win, she's probably going to kill me.

  "Are you going to throw or not?" The District One girl asked.

  "Um, yeah." I replied. I picked up a knife and threw it perfectly.

  "Lucky shot." She whispered into my ear. "Watch how you're supposed to do it." She picked up two knives and threw both at the target. She smiled and walked away.

  After a few hours of training it was time to go get sponsers.

  Tyler went before me then it was my turn. I walked in with a little bit of confidence, not much. I picked up a few knives and put them in my pocket, I grabbed a spear and walked over to the dummies. I stabbed one with my spear then did a spin grabbing my knives and threw them, hitting each dummy in the face. I took a bow and left.

  "You did great." Finnick stated.

  "Thanks." I didn't really pay attention to the scores, I made out some.

  Kendall Vertes from District One got a ten. Madison Ziegler from District Two got a ten, wonder what she did. Hunter Wallace from District Two got a nine. Tyler got a seven. I got a ten. Chloe Lukasiak got a seven. Nia Frasier got a nine.

  "Well done you guys! Any allies yet?" Finnick asked.

  "No." I said.

  "Dominick Olivers from District One." Tyler said.

  "Are you sure you want to team up with him?"

  "Yes."

  "Okay. Paige, come with me and I'll teach you how to shoot a bow."

  "Okay!"

  "You set up like this, then you reach back. Remember to breathe, let your breath shoot for you. You try."

  "Okay." I absolutely sucked at shooting arrows.

  "Lets just stick to knives and a spear!"

  "Good idea!"

  "Lets head back, you have a big day tomorrow. "

  "I don't want to do this, Finnick!"

  "You'll be fine!"

  "I hope this is the last year the Games exist."

  "It is, I promise! Now go get some sleep, You're going to do great tomorrow!"

  "Okay, goodnight."

  "Goodnight."

  Great, tonight is the last night I will exist.

         A/N             Hey guys! Just thought I'd let you know that this story is going to be mostly in Paige's POV, sometimes it's going to be in the other girls! ENJOY! <3