Chapter Six

Paige's POV

  It was time to go, it was time to say my last words, it was time to die. I said good bye to Finnick, Jo, I said good luck to Tyler, I stepped into a tube. I heard the timer say ten seconds as the tube went up. My breathing got heavier, my heart started pounding. I was afraid the other tributes could hear it. When I was lifted all the way up I looked around. It was a forest with water in the middle, kind of like last year but it wasn't in the shape of a clock, it's hard to explain. I looked to my right and I saw the girl from District Seven, Chloe. I looked to my left and saw District Ten, Nia.

  5, 4, 3, 2,1. I heard the horn and I dived into the water. I lifted myself up onto the rocks and ran into the Cornucopia. I grabbed a bag and a belt of knives plus a spear. I put the belt on and grabbed a knife out. I felt a hand on my shoulder and one on my neck, I elbowed the person in the stomach and grabbed the hand and spun around, I stuck my knife into the persons stomach. I let go of the knife and looked at the person who fell on the ground, it was Kendall....... from District One.

  I hear a canon go off and another and another. I jump into the water and start to swim, a hand grabs my foot and pulls me down into the water. I open my eyes and it burns bad but I got over it. I saw a boy who had a sword in his hand. I punch him but it does no damage, he swings at me but I grab his hand. I kick the sword out of his hand and grab his head and spin him around, I get a grip and turn his neck, another canon.

  I wiggle around looking for the surface of the water and make sure to grab my spear, I finally find my way and gasp for air. I look up and see a hand, I look up and saw the girl from District Ten, Nia. I gladly take her hand and get out of the water, I take my spear and hold it next to her.

  "I'm not going to kill you."

  "Watch out." I say as I grabbed a knife and throw it right passed her face, I hit District Five boy.

  "Thanks."

  "No problem, lets get out of the blood bath."

  "Good idea." We kept running until I tripped over something, or should I say someone.

  "Hey, are you okay?" I ask a girl on the ground who was crying. She was just gasping for air, I realized she was stabbed. I saw a dead girl next to her.

  "Hey! It's going to be okay! Just hold on, it's going to okay."

  "Chloe!? What did you do to her?" I looked over and saw District Two, Madison, running at me with a bow and arrow.

  "Whoa! We didn't do anything!" I yelled. I grabbed a knife out and got it ready to throw. She shot an arrow at me but I dodged it, I reached back and chucked a knife at her. It was going straight for her head, her eyes got huge. Right before it hit her, a boy jumped out in front of her and it hit him in the chest.

  "Hunter?" She whimpered. How does she know all of these poeple? "Hunter no, please wake up! I love you! Wake up!"

  I turned my attention back over to Chloe, who was bleeding. I ripped off a peice of my shirt and pushed it against her stomach, where she was stabbed. I looked in my bag that I have and found tape. I wrapped it around her as tight as I could. Her bleeding should stop. I ran over to the boy who I threw the knife at.

  "You bitch! You kill my bestfriend and my boyfriend? You're going to die!" She grabbed an arrow and went to stab me with it. I fell to the ground with her on top of me, I grabbed her hand so she couldn't stab me.

  "I didn't do this to Chloe, I swear! We found her like this! And I-" I was cut off by Nia tackling Madison. "The only reason your boyfriend was hit is because you tried to kill me and he saved you. I'm sorry but I didn't kill either of them, Chloe is still alive."

  "Hunter's dead!" I bent down so I was over him. I checked his pulse and yes he was dead.

  "I'm sorry. Nia, let her up."

  "Why? I hate this!"

  "Hey, remember what Finnick said last year? Remember who your real enemy is."

  "You're right. Hunter I freaking love you so much!" She placed a kiss on his lips and let a tear fall onto his forehead. "Chloe?" She asked as she got up.

  "How do you know her?"

  "A few years back she lived in my District and we were best friends, the Capitol killed her mother for no reason people started to ask questions, so they moved her and her family to another District and I haven't seen her since."

  "I'm sorry."

  "Who did this to her?"

  "We have no clue, we were running and I tripped over her."

  "Well thank you for saving her."

   "We better find a place to hide out for the night. Come on and help me Nia and Madison."

  "Yeah, lets go and call me Maddie." We all helped Chloe walk, we found a cave and set up camp.

  When the sky lite up, we all went quiet. Some stupid music came on faces and names appeared in the stars.

  District One, Kendall Vertes.

  "What!? Who killed her? She was going to win." Maddie asked.

  I looked at the ground and whispered. "I did."

  "What you did!? Tell me about it some time! When a face comes up and if you killed them raise your hand."

  District Two, Hunter Wallace.

  I could feel my face turn red as I raised my hand. I heard Maddie sniffle but she didn't say anything.

  District Four, Tyler Minks.

  I could feel tears rushing down my face, I didn't want him to die.

  "Are you okay?" Nia asked.

  "Yeah."

  District Five, Isabelle Little.

  I looked over and saw Chloe weakly raise her hand.

  "Is that who stabbed you?" I asked and she nodded her head.

  District Five, Vincent Zamora.

  I raised my hand.

  District Eight, William Kirk.

  Maddie raised her hand.

  District Eleven, Yamilet Russels.

  Nobody raised there hand.

  District Eleven, Collin Vasquez.

  I raised my hand.

  The lights turned off, eight dead.