0.3

The game starts, a guy named Jon Lester was pitching for the Cubs. Someone named Willson Contreras was catching. Anthony Rizzo, who I'm pretty sure Kris was talking about was at first, Javier Baez was at second, I knew about him, he was on sports center quite a bit. Addison Russell was at shortstop, Ben was in left, Dexter Fowler was in center field, Jason Heyward was in right field, and Kris was at third.
"Excuse me," someone taps on my shoulder, I turn around to see a woman who looked in her late twenties. "I love your sweatshirt, may I ask where you got it?"
"Oh, um, someone was selling it online and I asked for it and they said I could," I lie, I didn't lie a lot but I had to in this situation how could I just say 'Kris Bryant gave it to me since I was cold.'
"Okay, its crazy how it looks just like a Cubs players," she says and I smile and nod.
She leaves me and I stand in the cold, my cheeks, nose, and ears are red. Everyone seems fine and I'm freezing to death.

After the game, I stand on the second to bottom step, waiting for Kris to come by. He comes by last, walking over to me, snatching it then walking away.
I leave with Julianna, as all of her kids ramble in the back of the car.
"Thanks," I say as I get out of the car, closing the door and going into my house.
I sigh, I need to stop falling for him, I shouldn't even like him, he was very rude when I met him, why would he be nice now? Stop Elaina. He floats through my head, his light, sky blue eyes and messy brown hair, I find it funny how people say he has ocean blue eyes when he has just a bit of green in his eyes.
    I get up, making a small pizza for dinner, I was alone tonight, Holland and Laura were probably making some crazy plan to have the Cubs win every single game this year. I put my hair in a messy bun, I honestly didn't care that it didn't look good, I was just too lazy to redo it.
   I put the pizza in the oven and sit on my couch, scanning through channels to find something to watch. I just decide to watch the Washington Nationals and Los Angeles Dodgers game.
Once my pizza finishes, I cut it, and put some on a plate, taking a bite, even though it's hot.
Once I finish, I throw away the plate and put the pizza tray in the sink, it's already eleven o'clock, I liked staying up late but I was extremely tired today.
I put on some cotton shorts and an oversized purple shirt, taking my hair out and lie in bed.
I follow the celling fan in circles, attempting not to loose the direction or blink and forget.

   It's been a few more weeks, Kris is still on my mind, I could tell Holland and Laura but they would freak out, besides, I liked him and I still hated the Cubs.
   Today was Kruse's birthday party and I had to go, I had gotten her one of the cars she could drive because she loves those. I curl my hair, out on a small amount of makeup, and put on black ankle boots, skinny jeans, and a oversized white sweater.
I get in my car, her present in the backseat, and drive to Ben and Julianna's house, there were purple and pink balloons outside, Kruse and other kids were playing in the front yard games Julianna made up for them.
    I attempt, to get the car in. "You need some help?"
   I turn around to see Kris, that smirk on is face, his blue eyes bright. Damnit.
   "Please," I say. He takes the present and puts it with the rest of the presents.  "Thanks."
   "Did anyone ask you about my sweatshirt?" He asks.
   "Yeah, this woman and she said it looked exactly like a Cubs players," I explain.
   "Of course," he sighs, shoving his hands in his pockets.
   "I told her I bought it from someone, she believed it," I explain, his giving out a relieved sigh.

   While eating cake, my phone buzzes, it's a message from one of my little brothers, Elijah, or Eli.
   I'm joining the Cubs!

I hope you guys are enjoying this book!
Xoxo-Abbi