Chapter Three: Vicious Cycle

**I have mentioned this in the description, but this story does deal with topics of abuse. I will give a warning just in case it bothers anyone any time it is mentioned, so this is a warning that this chapter deals with the subject. In no way shape or form am I romanticizing it, rather the exact opposite and I'm pushing to spread awareness of both signs and possible mindset of an abused victim. I want to make that very clear. Abuse isn't a sign of love. Any who, shout out to one of my best friends for motivating me to update cause I wasn't about to for another couple of weeks ❤ Enjoy the chapter!**

                        A bright light broke through the darkness of her unconsciousness.

        In her haze, the irrational side of her believed maybe God did exist, and he finally was granting her the sweet relief she craved for so long.

        Joy wanted to reach out for the light, but as she lifted her hand, she felt someone grasp it, plastic strings tickling her arm as they lowered her limb down.

        Distorted voices began to slip through her clouded hearing, muffled noises becoming piercing as she began to fully wake.

        Shadows hovered in the beam of the light, blocking the godly shine.

        Her chest tightened as her eyes began to focus, her heart hammering a mile a minute.

        Nearby she could hear the rapid beeps of a heart monitor, forcing her upright and nearly knocking her head against one of the blurred shadows.

        "Miss, it's alright. You're safe. You were in an accident and have been brought into a hospital. You're being cared for."

        Though the words were meant to calm her, they did anything but that.

        Her struggled breathing became audible as she began to peer around at the white walls.

        Fuck.

        Fuck this wasn't good.

        Her eyes were wide as she glanced down at her arm, finding a needle probed into veins. A plastic tube connected to that needle, thick red liquid pouring from her flesh into a tube held by a nurse.

        Joy immediately snatched her arm and blindly gripped the needle, ripping it from her veins causing a surge of pain to pour through her and spew blood every which way.

        She grabbed the nurses arm roughly and ripped the tube from her, tossing it onto the floor, while doctors began to grip her limbs and hold her down despite the chaos of her limb spewing blood and her screaming, all of which fell on deaf ears to Joy.

        Shouldn't hear clearly, her brain still in a haze after her cocaine trip earlier.

        However she could think clearly, and if these doctors got her blood, they would know she was high as Hell.

        She would he facing hard time and that wasn't something she would risk.

        "Get off me!" She tried to writhe from the grasp of doctors that had gotten permission to tie restraints on her frantic state, but that was only intensifying the panic that was pouring through her.

        Through the commotion of doctors and nurses whizzing about, in the corner of her eye, she noticed a syringe being prepared and she shrieked, tears beginning to swell in her hazel orbs.

        She didn't know how her body would react to a sedative. Whether it would be death or not, her body was fighting to survive, just as it had been trained to all her life. She desired to die constantly, yet she was always fighting to live. Why? She didn't know, and she never has.