Chapter Nine: Sharing a Dance

"Isn't it just beautiful? I knew when I saw this I had to have it for us. It's so perfect. The sun never hits this house directly, the area is scarce of noise. It's-" Ophelia sighed in happiness, staring around the marble interior of their temporary home. "Perfect." She was so proud of her chosen house where she and her vampire entourage would reside. She was gushing, babbling as she described the house in detail to all of them.

        "It's great, Pheli! Totally gorgeous. We can only expect the best from our Queen." Marissa gave a mocking bow, leading Ophelia to nudge her off balance, but she quickly caught the hem of her shirt to balance the blonde in her high heels. Ophelia had grown rather close to Marissa since the war between vampires had ended seven years ago. The two were inseparable, in fact she spent more time with Marissa than her own husband, though Tobias couldn't blame her. Her husband was as bland and hardened as stale bread. Jon just wasn't very interesting, but undoubtedly, he was someone they all admired.

        "Beautiful indeed, my Queen. Just as you are." Jon praised, resting a hand on her shoulder and she looked up happily having earned his approval.

        "Do you three enjoy it? I've found a house large enough so you may all have separate rooms." Yami, Kiroh, and Tobias allowed their eyes to wander the premise, the modern balcony overhead gave a lovely view to the second floor, a barred fence allowing them to peer down into the vast foyer.

        "I of course agree with the positive commentary of the others." Kiroh murmured, Yami nodding as well.

        "Yes, I have to agree. It's quite the place to reside. It contains all the comforts of home." Yami's stoic expression gave way no sense of excitement. It was hard to tell if she was happy here, and it was the same with Kiroh. Both were hardwired soldiers with little emotion.

        Tobias however gave a gratitude filled beam to the young woman he had seen blossomed into the Queen she is today.

        "Generous as always, Queen Ophelia. I am forever grateful for the kindness you bestow upon us." Ophelia laughed bashfully, waving Tobias off.

        "Oh, it's nothing truly. You've done so much for me, the least I could do was make sure my family is comfortable." Ophelia mused for a moment, tapping her chin. "The real estate woman I spoke to over the phone said she would be here to secure the deal...I honestly thought she would be here by now."

        "Hello!" All of them caught scent of a human girl, the recent aroma wafting through the air and shocking their senses. Their eyes snapped to her, unsure if she were a threat, but to their surprise, it was a young girl in dance attire.

        She bore brunette curls that cascaded passed her shoulders, her complexion a tan that was pale under the stress of the bright lighting of the room, while freckles coated her nose and blushed cheeks. Her eyes however were most captivating, a condition of heterochromia allowed her two different colored eyes one blue, and one green. An oddity that always brought about fascination. The thin girl couldn't have been older than ten, greeting them with a vibrant beam.

        "I'm Evee." Ophelia was first to speak with the girl, stepping forward and admiring her.

        "Evee, what a beautiful name for an equally beautiful girl." The girl became shy, twisting her foot as she brought her stare to the ground. "My name is Ophelia."

        "Ophelia?" She inquired, her brows furrowing.

        "Yes."

        "Oh! You're the Queen my mom was telling me about! Queen Ophelia! And King Jon, right?"