Chapter Eleven: Withdrawal

Upon retrieving Joy a block away from her apartment, Tobias was furious to see her in such terrible condition. He had readied to return to Isaiah and bring harm to him, however Joy was upset enough and he decided he would wait to cause a scene.

He didn't desire to make her more distressed than she was, and so he brought her to his home he shared with his vampire family.

The car ride there had been comfortably silent, Tobias doing his best to mask his rage by relaxing his tense being.

He side glanced her a few times, taking note that she was falling asleep. Of course, she had been tired, with what she had endured.

He had ushered her into the home, carrying her luggage as she slumped through the intricately designed double doors.

The moment she did, she was greeted with the warmth and kindness of Ophelia and Marissa, the two vampires who still held human understandings. They remembered what it was like to be in such a weak state, and didn't hesitate to shower her in affection.

She was immediately snatched from Tobias and ushered upstairs with the two vampires, Joy having little time to get adjusted to her surroundings.

A blur of deep red and gold lined the halls as she was hurried to the guest room. A bath had been drawn for her, allowing her a serene place to calm what was left of her wired nerves. Once cleansed, a pair of plaid pajamas were thrown onto her and while she was guided into bed, she took in the room.

The floors were polished, the mahogany shining against the soft lamp light. The cream walls were bare of any frames or artwork, the room rather simplistic in comparison to their grand mansion. The bed covering was a rustic shade of red, white pillows countering the dark shade. A small cream dresser and corresponding nightstand remained on opposing sides of the bed. A powder vanity existed on the far side of the room, along with a wine-colored leather armchair near the window, paired with a matching footrest.

Marissa and Ophelia were seated with her on the bed, brushing her unruly hair.

"You have such beautiful hair!" Marissa gasped, turning to her brunette friend. "Doesn't she, Pheli?"

It was hard to believe these two were vampires, let alone royalty in the vampire world, one of them supposedly a queen. They just appeared to be two teens barely out of high school.

"She really does. Such pretty waves." Ophelia murmured, stroking the brush through her dripping hair.

Joy shifted uncomfortably, unsure as to how to handle the tenderness offered to her.

"Um...thank you..." Ophelia Cross, the woman behind her was a Queen, a beautiful brunette, but she definitely didn't look nor act the role. Tobias made her out to be this terrifying young lady, but she didn't see anything of the sort.

"Men can be such animals." Marissa scrunched her face, using ice to dab Joy's split lip.

"Not all of them." Ophelia nudged Marissa who giggled and shoved her back.

"Yes! Jon included-"

"I didn't mean him." Ophelia scoffed. "I would include him in that category. I was talking about Tobias." Joy remained silent, listening to the girls talk about a vampire they've lived with for years.

Marissa tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Hmm. You're right, he is pretty sweet." Ophelia motioned for Marissa to continue, Marissa then catching on. "A-and he's really gentle. Man, I wish there were more guys like him. Too bad we like all the muscle heads, huh?"