The Jealous Husbands Club

Series                    : Jealous Husbands Club

Books in the Series:

The Wallflower's Revenge

The Orsini Bride

The Substitute Bride

The Borrowed Bride

A Sicilian Marriage

Author's Name    : sweetblunch

Genre                    : Romance

Personal Opinion and Comments:

The Wallflower's Revenge

The concept of a rich guy falling for a poor girl is a favorite among many crazy readers like,myself, but let me be frank, it has become a little too old and cliché.

The Jealous Husbands club has rich men, but the twist is that the ladies are no less than them when it comes to wealth and class.

The series starts with a twist of revenge. Tatiana Rostova, the billionaire heiress of the Rostova Hotels is betrayed by the very people she considered family. The silent wallflower returns in the form of a vicious beauty, hell bent on making the ones who hurt her pay.

Add the handsome Italian Duke, Luca Cavelli in the mix as her partner in her vendetta, and we have a wonderful mix of passion and romance to support.

The Orsini Bride

The next book in the series brings back Luca's long time friend, Francesca Marcolini, a fiery widow and Tatiana's instructor along with Marco Orsini, Luca Cavelli's long time best friend and fellow billionaire.

What happens when we bring fire with fire? Only one answer, and that is the book, The Orsini Bride. It is fun and very entertaining to watch two stubborn and headstrong personalities lock horns and better yet, fall in love.

It is enjoyable to watch Marco who is always up to his crazy antics and of course watch his even crazier grandmother makes plans of her own. No one can anticipate the extent of insanity the characters in this book bring and is a good read for those who want love and laughter in a single book.

The best part about this book is that it is more open to emotions and love than the others. Marco and Fran love and hate openly and don't wait around for the world to end before they unite.

The Substitute Bride and the Borrowed Bride

Imagine a large palace in Sicily and an ex-Mafia billionaire who lives there with two identical Princesses, one is a sexy spitfire that can set water on fire (Leila) and the other, a regal beauty that can make hell freeze over with a single glance (Laila). Mr. Ex- Mafia, father of the two princesses, decides to marry off Leila (the crazy one) to his friend's son.  But sadly, the intended bride runs away, leaving the father no other option but to send the obedient twin to pretend to be her sister until she is found.

Enter, Nikos Pallis, the best friend of our Marco and Luca, yet another billionaire party boy and well known player. He is hell bent on scaring away the fiery Sicilian princess who he was being forced to marry. But, what he didn't prepare for was, the stubborn and beautiful ice queen that showed up in his office. 

As for the runaway bride, she runs and hides in the arms of the golden eyed Leandro Salazar, a Spanish Count, and gives her sister's name instead of her own. Leandro had no idea what to expect when he picked up a pretty girl in a trashy club, and he sure as hell never expected her to be a Sicilian princess during the time she spent as his mistress.

It is worth all the time to watch the wild Nikos be tamed by the demure Laila and Leandro try to catch up with the unstoppable Leila. And of course, the best part is that neither man knows the real identity of the woman they want for themselves. Despite being different in character, the twins are identical in two things other than their looks, and that is their stubbornness and their inability to become an easy catch to either man.

It is a great ride to watch them fight their way into their hearts and eventually face their Sire, Mr. Ex- Mafia himself, who raised his daughters is his golden cage which they both were desperate to escape from.

{I have written these books together due to being connected and flow from one to another as they are about the twin sisters. Each event in the first sort of finishes in the next, even though the first is the story of Laila and the second is about Leila. They can be read separately too, but doing it in order is better to avoid spoilers.}

A Sicilian Marriage

Rafe Moretti, the godson of Leila and Laila's father and Laila's long time love, loses his love and then loses his bride. His family is slowly going into loss and ruins.

Being a failure in keeping his love, his bride and his company, Rafe's life is at the brink of destruction when a crazy heiress Coco Spencer randomly shows up in front of him with an offer for marriage. It is not hard to imagine Rafe's role in the last two books in the series and it is not impossible to guess what kind of character he was then.

The fifth book in the series, opens up to another mismatched couple. Rafe, a man who loves dutiful Sicilian daughters is married to a wild American heiress. A match made in heaven, obviously, it is fun to watch both of them deny their feelings and still fight their jealousy and anger. Coco is a warrior determined to protect what is hers throughout the book.

Positives: ( JOINT)

·         Very good plots.

·         Author did a good job of connecting the readers emotionally and intellectually to all the main characters and did a great job of creating anticipation for the next books by subtly introducing the main characters of the following books. There is a beautiful linkage between them, and they are still detached enough to survive on their own.

·         The way she carried out the emotional transition of the Female leads, especially Tatiana and Laila is very good.

·         There is a fair share of humour, romance, action, grief, friendship and a lot of other things. Most books are so obsessed with one or few of these features that they become too unbearable for its repetitiveness or plainness.

·         The entire series seems like the story of an entire family and not separate story, even though only 4 of the entire 6 book series has any familial bond (final book is not released).

Negatives:

·         Spelling and grammar issues. (She probably did a lot of it purposely as most of the main protagonists are of mixed races or are from non-English countries. But it seems to inconvenience many readers, especially since she makes many of the characters seem well-versed in the language).

·         There are a lot of wordings in Italian and some other languages are commonly seen which are not translated anywhere in the main book and as someone who doesn't know anything about the language, it was hard. (The one little plus point that solves the issue is that, the huge amounts of readers have faithfully commented on the meanings of most of them).

·         A little predictable.

In summation, I would just like to say that you should try out this series as it is a very good read, especially in one of those days when you feel tired and need just a little romance and companionship.

Let me remind you the copyright to this book solely belong to its author and any copying, forging, or even stealing of any ideas is against copyright law.

Copyright © sweetblunch.