Maddy's P.O.V ... The Things We Hide Will End Us ... I'm Gonna Win

KYEIRE SAYS HI, AND THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS LANGUAGE THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR SOME ... (:

I have to admit, I love this chapter. Don't know why ... 

Enjoy!

Maddy’s P.O.V

Everyone was hushed. The trees swaying in the wind, and the birds chirping was all I heard. Shifting in my seat helped me cope with this, very uncomfortable silence. Savvy crossed her legs. I noted that it was very rare for Savvy not to be talking. Kay was clearly avoiding speaking first, by surfing the web on her iPod. Hope was fixated on a blue jay that was hopping on the ground beside her.

 “Wait, I was thinking.” Savvy said putting an end to the silent courtyard.

“You thinking ... that’s never a good thing.” Savvy gave Hope a glare. I smiled, we loved making her mad.

“What were you thinking about?” Kay asked.

“What if this is what Flora wants? She knows that we all have secrets. I mean who doesn’t have something they dare not to tell not even their friends? But, what if we are doing exactly what she wants us to do?” Savvy asked. “I mean think about it! We have things that we have never told each other … What would a group do if they were faced with an enemy? They would meet and let out what they are hiding.”

“I don’t get what you mean.” Savvy sighed at what I said.

“Flora wants us to spill to each other! So we’ll break up!”

“What are you saying? Do you have a secret you're not telling us that’ll break us up?” Kay asked, Savvy closed her mouth and looked at the ground. “What are you not telling us?”

“This is what she wants,” muttered Savvy.

“I think you’re right,” stated Hope. “But, now that we are all here, tell us, what are you hiding, Savvy?”

“I’m not doing this! I’m not going to fall into the trap that Flora has set up for us.” Savvy argued.

“I really think it’s too late!” Kay yelled.

“Fine, you want to spill secrets, Kay tell Maddy what you did!” Kay glared at Savvy.

“You promised you won’t tell her!” Kay fired back.

“You’re the one that wants us to let all the cards out on the table.”

“What did you do, Kay?” I asked. Kay gave me a look full of sorrow.

“I-I-I-“ Kay shuddered.

“Just tell us,” egged on Hope.

“Oh, don’t you dare expect Kay to tell you. When you haven’t told Kay or Maddy what happened to you.” Savvy said in the mixed of her anger. Hope immediately stood up.

“You asshole! That’s none of their business!” Hope shouted.

“Oh, but you told me. I think they have a right to know!” shouted Savvy.

“Guys! Stop!” Everyone went soundless as my words echoed in the empty courtyard. “We are acting like three-year-olds. Obviously, we need to take turns, and talk.”

“I think you’re right …” Hope said, with a tear falling down her face. “I've never told anyone. Only Savvy … You guys have to promise me that you won’t tell a soul.” We all nodded. “When I was six, my cousin … Ban … he … ummm …” Hope started crying. We all went over to her and gave her a hug.