Savvy's P.O.V ... Inx ... Help Me Remember

Savvy’s P.O.V

I woke up with a smile on my face. I had to admit I now see why we have sleepovers, they are so much fun. We stayed up half the night, I asked questions and got to know the girls a little bit more. By the end of the night I knew who was who and almost everything about them. I sighed and sat up, glancing around the room. I noted Kay was sprawled out on the pull-out bed with Maddy whereas Hope lay next to me snoring away.

Swinging my legs around and off the bed I got up and headed to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror I wondered if I could stay here at the hotel and not go home. I just didn’t want to face my mom nor grandmother and hear their consistent arguing. Soon, my teeth and hair were brushed. I figured that the girls would wake up sooner or later, so I sat back on the bed, waiting.

Kay was the first one to wake. She slowly sat up and looked around. When her eyes landed on me she smiled.

“Hey.” Kay mumbled.

“Hi.” I replied. Maddy muttered something in her sleep before flipping over and smothering her face in the white pillow. Kay leaned over and poked Maddy’s side.

“Poke.” Kay said, Maddy grumbled. I turned to look at Hope who now had her eyes cracked open and was smiling at Kay, who was poking Maddy non-stop.

“Ummm,” moaned Hope. “What time is it?” She asked. I looked over at the clock on the nightstand.

“1:30 p.m.” Hope and Maddy both shot up and there wide eyed expressions mirrored Kay’s.

“Damn we have never slept in that late.” Kay stated. I yawned thinking of how I wouldn’t mind a few more hours of sleeping. “So, guys, what are we going to do today?” Kay asked.

“Go see the Hunger Games?” Maddy suggested.

“Too overrated.” Muttered Hope in a groggy voice. A pillow went flying across the room and landed on Hope’s head.

“I’ve read the books, unlike you and I must say they are NOT overrated. You should maybe try reading for a change.” Kay said with a snarl. Hope gave Kay a glare.

Soon we were all getting dressed and ready to go to the movies. No one said anything about going home and a twinge of hope hit me that maybe we might spend another night here at the hotel. This would save me from having to go to my grandmother’s. I let out a loud sigh.

“Shit!” I quickly turned to my side and saw Hope laying on the floor with a pained expression on her face.  Giving her a worried look, I went over to her and bent down.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

“What happened?” Questioned Maddy as she ran out of the bathroom and into the room.

“I think,” Hope whimper as she tried to stand up from the floor.

“What’s wrong?” Kay asked as she walked into the room with her white headphones dangling from her fingers.

“I think Hope fell.” I said and then turned my attention to Hope, who nodded confirming my suspension.

“We should get you up on the bed and get some ice on that leg.” Maddy suggested. Hope nodded and tried standing again, but couldn’t. ‘How about Kay, you help me get Hope up. Savvy, can you get some ice from the machine downstairs?” Maddy asked me. I nodded as I took off out down stairs of the hotel. I reached the lobby and glanced around for the ice machine. I didn’t see it, so I walked up to the receptionist desk. But there was someone in front of me talking to the receptionist. I started tapping my foot, waiting impatiently.