Gift of Remembrance

I don't drink. And I didn't want to in fear id get too drunk and not remember a thing. And thank god I didn't. Everything was perfect.

At most weddings there is this daddy daughter dance with an amazing song and a lot of crying for the dad, but for me I didn't even play a song related to that. The first dance was just a slow dance where Zach and I danced in the middle.

"I love you." He whispers into my hair. I leave my head resting on his shoulder.

"Love you too." I whisper and smile. "I don't know why you do it, but I love you too."

He fiddles with the tips of my hair that reaches around my waist.

"Do you still remember how to braid?" I ask.

"A little." Zach replies then spins me and I feel my dress sway one way then another. "You are beautiful today."

"It is my wedding day. That's what you do on your wedding day. You look nice and have fun." I tease.

"Hmm.." Zach hesitates. "I think I like that."

•••

"Bye baby." I say and kiss Tyler's head. "We'll be back soon." Then I hand him off to Zach who mutters something to Tyler then kisses his forehead too.

"Thanks Mere." I hug Meredith and Zach gives her Tyler. We tried to pay Meredith to watch Tyler but she wouldn't let us pay her so we let her stay at or apartment for the week so she had all the supplies.

"No problem. I love lil Tyler." She says in a baby voice.

      "Bye." I wave and follow Zach through the tunnel that leads to our airplane. "Where are we going?"

      "You'll see." Zach smirks and takes my carry on bag and puts it in the compartment over our seats.

      "Come on." I beg.

       "No can do." Zach grins, apparently enjoying his teasing. I frown and eventually sit down by the window.

"Thanks." I say suddenly when I feel the plane start to move.

"For what?"

"For this."

"Why? This is what you do for people you love." He says

That makes me bubble inside and I smile then rest my head on his shoulder.

"Tell me when we land." I say and droop in my seat to a comfier position.

"Okay." Zach nods and leans his head on mine.

•••

"Surprise." He says as we walk out of the airport. "We are at an airport in the Bahamas and ready for a six day Bahamas cruise."

"Really?" I gasp.

"Yep. Ship leaves soon. Better hurry."

        "Oh my god Zach Wilson. I just can't believe you." I tease and take my bags off the conveyor belt.

         We had a small reason for a reason, I didn't want a bunch of news reporters interrogating and asking about my life so when I saw reporters talking to a huge family of maybe thirty and almost all were kids. They quickly finished with the conversations they were on and attempted to come over to us.

        "I don't want to do this." I say quietly to Zach.

        "It's okay." He says soothingly.

        "Not on our honeymoon!" I say in a hushed voice.

        "Who's the father? Is it Zach? Or did he finally just take you back? What's going on ms. Thorn." I almost corrected him to Wilson though.

        "I think that's personal." I say strongly and attempt to just slide away without someone noticing.

        "Ms Thorn!" A lone man runs up to  me. "Mr. Danny Howery wants you to come on his show for a day just take the paper. It's my job." He says breathlessly.

        "Thanks..." I say uneasily. "Let's go before there is more." I complain quietly and drag Zach after me.