Rewind

We worked on his plan for a week. Then two weeks and every day we got an update on Karsyn. Still using breathing support and can't breathe on her own.

Today we got to touch her.

"Are you sure?" A peds specialist brought her to us. He's been watching her the entire time. She was close to us just at the doorway but so far away.

"Of course we are." I tell him. "You don't think you would be ready after two weeks?"

"Of course. Be careful don't squeeze her arms—"

"I think we get that."

"I have to tell you anyway. " he says. "Don't hold onto her hand or arm or leg or any other part of her. Her heads very fragile so you can't rub it until she gets stronger okay?"

"Okay." I say. I sit up on my elbows as they roll her in the container over to us. It didn't have a top so I could easily touch her.

I reached out but I stopped. I pulled my hand back.

"There are so many tubes hooked up to her." I whisper. "And I don't wanna hurt her."

Nobody says anything for a minute until Zach sits beside of me and grabs my hand gently.

"Let's just do it together." He whispers. I couldn't hold him back so I just reached forward and touched her. Just like that.

"I love you Karsyn." I whisper.

•••

They let us keep her in my room for another hour then she had to go. The room would never be so bright without her.

Kacy brought the kids by for a minute just to say goodnight and then took them back home.

That night i had just gotten back in my bed after using the bathroom.

"Are you feeling okay?" Zach asks me.

I say nothing. I planned on saying something, though I didn't know what. It was supposed to come out it just didn't.

Zach sat beside of me on my bed.

"He aimed for the weak." I whisper. Zach was confused and so was I. I didn't mean to say it. "The shooter that was in California. He was gonna kill me but I told him I just shaved my head."

"You're okay now." Zach tells me and scoots closer to me.

"The thing is. If Jackson wasn't with me I wouldn't have said that. I didn't want to live then, Zach. I thought you were dead. I wasn't okay. " I mutter. "If anything Jackson saved me."

"You could've talked to me whenever. I'm always here." Zach whispers.

"I know." I whisper. "I was wearing your sweatshirt. I keep it in the top of my closet more of a reminder now. I didn't want to wear it cause too much had happened while I was in it. Then once I was comfortable with it I didn't want you thinking I forgot about it all those years."

"You shouldn't have done that. That's crazy. I wouldn't have cared." Zach tells me.

"It's in my bag. I carry it around sometimes."

"What about I grab it for you. Then you can try and get some sleep?" Zach says smiling.

"Sure." I laugh. He digs in my bag and pulls out the blue and grey sweatshirt.

"Remember when I first gave it to you." Zach says sitting right beside of me. "When you were leaving and I kissed you and I didn't see you for what felt like forever after that."

"I didn't think I was going to see you again." I mutter. "Now we've got two babies." I laugh a bit.

"Go to sleep we've got a big day tomorrow." Zach whispers.

"What's happening tomorrow?"

"I found this beautiful house in Maryland."

________________________________

ITS SHORT I KNOW DONT KILL ME!!

But sadly Zach and hollys story is going to come to an end soon and this book will be over but I'm really excited for the next chapter!!!