Faith

"Are you okay?" Zach was at the door.

"Is she okay?" I ask immediately. "Do you think she's going to make it?"

I didn't see the intern; she must've already left. 

"She's alive." He says sitting on my bed.  "We can't see her. Only through a window. She can't breathe on her own but their giving her steroids so her lungs will develop."

"I can go look at her. Just through the  window at least. I wanna see her."

"I'll ask one of the doctors." Zach promises. "But for now. You need to lay down."

"What happened to her? What was wrong?"

"Well her umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck and legs. They just got the blood flowing back to her legs." Zach sighs. "You on the other hand, had a tear in your uterus."

"What is that exactly?" I ask worriedly.

"Nothing more than a tear. They fixed whatever was needed to be fixed you'll just be here for a while, but do will our baby." Zach says.

"Can you see if I can go see her? Then maybe we can think of a name." I say.

"Sure. I'll be back when I have an answer just hit this button if you need anything." He smiles and pecks my lips.

"Wait!" I say before he leaves. "What about Tyler? I don't even know what time it is or what time the day care closes—"

"Kacy is with him." Zach replies smoothly.

"What?"

"I called Kacy and she's at home with her kids and Tyler. I told her she could come later tonight with Tyler so you could tell him good night. She said he's been asking if mommy was okay."

"Okay I might call her soon. Thanks Zach."

"No problem." Then he's out the door. I want to see my baby. She's been alive.. I don't even know how long and I haven't even touched her. Seen her. Held her. She's not going to know who her parents are. She doesn't even have a name.

The door opens and I look up expecting a doctor.

"Hey." He smiles at me. "I heard about your baby."

"Hi Aaron." I smile to keep from crying. "She's alive."

"Come here." He hugs me and sits by my stomach on the bed. "Have you seen her yet?"

"Zach's asking if I can. Have you?" I ask curiously.

"I may have walked past just to make sure she was okay." Aaron tells me.

"What did she look like?" I ask immediately.

"She hadn't opened her eyes and she didn't really have much hair. Or any hair. But she'll get some. But she had your nose. That's what I noticed. Her nose looked exactly liked yours." Aaron says.

I laugh at the last part. I look at him and hug him one more time.

"Thanks for coming. I know I don't get to see you a lot but I like when I do. It's like no matter what changes you're still the person that helped me make it through a part of my life when nobody else did." I whisper.

"I'm always here Holly." He says and holds his lips against my forehead.

"How's Bailey?" I ask him.

"Pregnant." Aaron says bluntly.

"What?! Again?" I say surprised.

"Yep. Not far along though. She's excited. So is Luke." Aaron says.

"That's great Aaron. Keep me updated okay?" I tell him.

"Okay." He smiles. "I better go I've got another appointment in ten minutes."

"Bye Aaron."

"I'll come back by tomorrow. Bailey might too." He says at the door as it opens again. Zach comes in with a wheel chair and greets Aaron quickly.

"Good to see you came by." Zach said.

"I wish you guys the best, really. I hope your baby's okay." Aaron replies. "I've got an appointment in ten minutes so I'll see you guys later."

"Bye." Zach and I both say.

"So?" I ask him.

"You have to sit in this. You can't stand up, but you can come it's okay." He wheels the wheelchair up to my bed and wraps an arm around my knees and the other under my arms.

"I can stand up myself you know." I tell him.

"But you aren't supposed to." He says as he sits me in the wheelchair.

Outside an intern (unwanted) came with us to "escort" us even though Zach worked at the hospital.

We get to a glass window which luckily is low enough for me to see through. There were only a few little glass containers with babies. Each baby had at least one tube attached to it but they all seemed to be doing okay.

I keep looking around knowing I'll know when I see her but I barely see her. Instead I see tubes and two doctors around her.

"You see her?" Zach asks me.

"The one in the corner." I whisper. She was so small... was it even possible for her to be alive? Or simply just a miracle?

He puts his arms around my neck and let's them hand over me. I hold onto his hands and I don't let them go.

"It's okay." He says.

"No it's not Zach. She's not okay. Look at her!" I gasp but I cry some too.

"Shhh." He mutters. "Maybe we should go back up to the room."

"No wait." I make out through crying. "Get me closer." He rolls me up to the window to the tiny baby with little arms.

"What do we call her?" I ask. "She's gotta have a name."

"Karsyn?" Zach says questioningly.

"I like Karsyn. Karsyn Ginny Faith Wilson." I say. "I want to make her middle name Ginny at least."

"I think that's perfect." Zach says smiling.

"Then Faith because it's important right now." I add.

"That's beautiful. Karsyn Ginny Faith Wilson. Born on March 24." Zach says then it's quiet. "She's going to be okay, Holly. If she's got any of you in her she's going to make it. She's a fighter."

But how can she be a fighter if she cant even move her arms?

"Let's go to the room okay?"