Chapter 2 "Meeting the Gems"

You had felt something wrap around you. It was soft and warm. It was that red lady that you saw at the arcade earlier! As you were slowly blacking out, you turned to see her. She had a large cubed afro, and shades on. Although she wasn't facing you, you could tell she was looking at you. You felt yourself land softly, while she was still holding you. Before everything went dark, you heard a soft voice, "You're safe now."

~~~~~TIME SKIP O.o~~~~~

You woke up on a couch. You tried to sit up and you did, but it hurt...everywhere. You look around to see where you were and you noticed the same boy you saw at the arcade. He was staring at you. "You're awake!" You got scared and jumped. It hurt again. "Ow!" You said. "Oh! Sorry! Didn't meant to scare you. And try not to move. You look pretty hurt." The boy told you. You look down, not noticing you were breathing heavily. You noticed there were bandages around your stomach, your knees, your chest, and one of your elbows.  You stroke your fingers on the dry blood stained bandages. You felt a sharp pain and you groaned at the pain. "Oh. Be careful. You're still recovering. Garnet said you had a pretty nasty fall." The boy told you. "G-Garnet?" You ask. "Yeah she's the one who saved you after all. By the way, I'm Steven." He held out his hand. "Hi Steven, I'm y/n." You shook his hand slowly, trying not to make your arm hurt. "Nice to meet you y/n!" He said happily. "Nice to meet you too, Steven." You said looking around. "Steven, where am I?"
"You're in my house! Oh! I forgot! I have to tell the gems you're awake!"
He quickly jumped up and ran towards a door. You watched as he knocked on the door. "Garnet! Amethyst! Pearl! She's awake!" They all came out of Pearls room at once because Pearl and Amethyst were arguing and Garnet was trying to break them up. You quickly jumped up, trying to run to the door, but fell on the ground just before you could reach the door. You quickly turned around to see that they noticed you and that Amethyst was reaching for you. You scooted back in fear, ignoring the pain you were in. You put your hands in front of your face and said, "Please don't hurt me!" Amethyst's smile quickly faded. Garnet stepped in. "We aren't going to hurt you." You slowly lower your hand, only to realize that Garnet hand her hand out. You took her hand, and she pulled you up, but you doubled up from the pain you were in, and fell back down to the ground. Garnet saw this and picked you up, and put you on the couch. "Thanks." You said. "No problem. By the way, I'm Garnet, this is Amethyst, and that's Pearl." Garnet replied, pointing at Amethyst and Pearl. Amethyst stepped in. "Sorry for scarin ya!" She smiled and you smiled back. "Oh. Its fine. Really. And by the way, I'm y/n."  You said. Steven sat down. "Why did you think we wanted to hurt you?" He asked. You turned to him and said, "Well I don't see gems on Earth. Last time I saw them, they..." You paused. "They did what?" Steven asked concerned. "They...killed my dad and kidnapped me." Steven and the gems looked at you in astonishment. "I don't even know why they would do that!" You said, starting to tear up. Garnet noticed this, kneeled down to your level, and wiped away your tears. "Its okay now. We're here." You blushed at the sight of her smile, and then you smiled, and hugged her. "Thank you Garnet." She hugged you back. "Your welcome." Then Pearl stepped in and you and Garnet stopped hugging. "Wait, what about your mother?" Pearl asked. "She died in the process of giving birth to me." You replied. "So you're an orphan?" Steven asked. "Yeah." You replied. Then Garnet stood up and said, "Well its getting late, and you probably have to get back to your orphanage." You frowned at the fact that you had to go. Despite your injuries, you kind of liked it there. "Let's go then." Amethyst said. "No, I'll take her." Garnet replied. "Alright." Amethyst said as she grabbed a soda from the fridge. Garnet asked you if you can walk and you replied, "I think so." You stood up, tried to walk, but fell down from the pain in your legs. Garnet picked you up, and put you on the couch. "I think I'm going to have to carry you." Garnet said, concerned. "Are you sure?" You asked shyly. Garnet nodded and you said okay. She picked you up gently, and Steven opened the door for you both. You waved at them as Garnet walked, "Bye guys!" Everybody waved back. "Bye y/n!" After Steven closed the door behind you, you turned to Garnet. "Aren't I too heavy?" You asked. Garnet looked at you and smiled. "Not at all." You smiled back.