Chapter 14: Promise

Nothing, still nothing. There's nothing. Everything is still black, am I blind? or am I dead?

"Miss Lunar?" I heard someone say, I didn't respond, I didn't see anyone anyway so It might've been my imagination "Miss Lunar, open your eyes please." Someone said softly. I do as I was told, at first I didn't have the strength to open my heavy eyes but then I did it. When I opened my eyes everything flashed white, too bright actually. The light then started to get blurry then the light warmed down, I was now facing the ceiling looking at the lights. No wonder it was so bright, I looked down and around me to see Nick, Luke, Bellamy, My parents, brothers and a nurse and my doctor. Since when did my parents and brothers get home?

"Oh my goodness Lunar are you alright my dear?" My mom said as she rushed over to me, cupping my cheeks and looking into my eyes panicking, "I'm fine mom, just painful is all" I said giving her a sweet smile.

"We will be doing tests on her so guests can just wait outside, please" The nurse with a light brown hair said, she had pretty hazel eyes and looked like she was 28 or 29 maybe even 31?

"It was a miracle she woke up," The doctor said, he had black hair and green eyes. It looks like he's 40 or so. "After 3 months she finally got up." He said and my eyes open wide in shock as my jaw drops. I've been here for 3 months?! I thought I was only here for a couple of hours, was I in a coma?

"W-was I i-in a c-coma?" I asked sttutering, my voice cracking.

"Yes, you had a severe condition Miss Lunar" he said

"What caused it?" I asked trying to remember as though why I am in the hospital.

"You had an asthma attack, anxiety attack and you werent found for 4 days" he said casually as I open my eyes wide in shock, now I remember! Now I remember what happened! It's all my fault, I shouldnt have overreacted.

"It's all my fault," Nick said getting up and standing next to my bed looking down on the floor.

"It's no one's fault Nick," I said as I intwined my hand with his

"But I scared you away Luna," Nick said as he looked into my eyes, his eyes filled with guilt, anger amd sadness

"Nick," I breathe "You didn't know that I was gonna get an attack, I ran fast in different places so I got my attack, I panicked" I said looking at him,

"But you wouldn't have ran if it wasn't for me, so it is still my fault" he said throwing his hands up in the air in defeat, he turned around and walked out the door leaving me speechless, I feel my eyes water and I feel like im going to crack any minute,

"Miss, were going to be doing tests on you" the doctor said, I nodded my head in agreement

"Visitors, wait outside please" the nurse said as everyone left, I hope Nick's okay

=~=~=~=~=
After weeks and weeks of blood taking, tests, x-rays, injections and medications the doctor finally had a result. It has been 2 months since I talked to Nick, It's now November. My condition just keeps getting worse and everybody's freaking out, even me. I just didn't show it.

"Miss Lunar? Your parents are here" the nurse said interrupting me in my thoughts, I nod in response.

My mom and dad rush in and hug me tightly, they havent seen me in a day.

"Oh my goodness Lunar you look even more pale! You're lips are turning even more dark! You're veins are now showing on your cheeks! You have dark circles! You're so thin! You're in--" my mom said as she cups my cheek and touches me everywhere. Well not litterally..

"Mom!" I shouted, she opened her eyes wide in shock then nods

"I'm fine," I said. No I wasnt

"You always say that" my mom said as she sat down beside my bed with my dad nodding and leaving the room, leaving me and my mom alone.

"It's the truth, that's why I say it" I said as I rolled my eyes

"You don't have to pretend like your strong," My mom said as she touches my shoulder

"I'm not pretending!" I said

"Sweetie, in times like this you just have to admit your weakness. Pride will knock you down to death." She said squeezing my hand

"Like I said, I'm fine and I'm not pretending" I said as I swat her hand away

"Stop pretending like you're something you're not Catherine" my mom said as my head snap towards her

"Don't call me that" I said looking back at the ceiling

"That's your weakness. I told you, you have one" my mom said with grin

"Everyone has one. Except me" I said

"Catherine, please listen. Tell me how you're feeling" She said

"I said don't call me Catherine" I said in a warning tone

"I miss your sister too Cath" she said as tears for,ing in her eyes aswell as mine. I miss my sister..

"Stop!" I yell as a tear escapes me eye

"No, stop pretending you're okay, that you're strong at times like this, like you don't feel pain! When in reality you do and you wished you weren't in this situation!!" She takes my hand and holds it tight

"Never" I said as I swat my hands away from her again. "Never. In a million years am I breaking my promise." I said in a deep tone

"Sometimes breaking a promise is worth than having to keep a promise you know you can't keep forever" My mom said as she stood up from her chair and left to the door. Her words had me stunned, was she right? Should I still keep my promise? Or should I let it go?

"And by the way Catherine, you're sister would hate to see you in this situation" my mom said as she turned around facing me from the door "Like she always says, don't build a wall to keep everyone else away. Build a wall to protect everyone" and with that she left.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
A/N (Short A/N because I think long one's are bothering you lol)
Honestly I am so sorry for not updating soon, and don't really like this chapter mostly because it's short. I dont know, tell me what you think in the comment section.

Who's team are you on? Luke? Nick? Bellamy? Seb? Richard? Greg? >>>>

Favourite line for this chapter>>>>

Loves, Hugs and Kisses
Jusienx 💕