How To Know If Your Book Is Doing Well On Wattpad

It can be slightly scary to post a book for the first time on Wattpad, or just posting a book for any account, and some writers seem to stress a lot if their book is 'doing well'.

I'd first like to say that everyone's definition of 'doing well' is different, and people look at different aspects of books to see if they are 'doing well'. Personally I look at votes now rather than reads, because that is a clear indicator if people are enjoying a book.

What I've roughly worked out is that if you're a new account/ new writer on Wattpad, when you first post a book you should be getting around 1/10 of your reads in votes (I don't really know how to describe it).

For example: if you had 40 reads, you should be looking at having 4 votes (this also depends on how many parts you have, obviously if you have 10 parts you may have more votes than a book with 2 parts).

Take my book 'Song Book' which has 1k reads, it has 106 votes which is roughly a tenth of the amount of reads it has.

Some people judge how well a book is doing by the number of reads it has but a book can have 2k reads and 0 votes, which indicates that there's something not doing so well with the book.

Comments are also a big indicator that your book is 'doing well' because they show that people are invested enough in your book to take the time to comment something.