Making friends

I finally found a building with many people inside of it. It had a big sign that said Marshals Middle School. I entered the school and saw Quest and Rufus in the hallway with many cases with a lock on it like a safe, holding books while speaking to each other. Quest was putting his books into the safe.

“You need a haircut man,” said Quest.

Rufus looked into the mirror placed on the door on Quest’s safe. He swung his brown hair back admiring his reflection.

“I look like a rock star,” Rufus replied.

“No, you look like a poppy Canadian,” Quest teased.

“What Canadian?” asked Rufus.

“Baby! Baby, baby nooooo,” Quest sang off tune.

“Oh burn!” Rufus laughed.

“Hey, are we still going to the sifi convention coming up?” asked Quest.

“I want to but, what about Star?” Rufus replied.

“We can take her with us!” Quest said.

“I don’t know. If one person there finds out she’s not actually human, we’re busted!” Rufus replied.

“Find out who’s not human?” said a blond boy wearing tank top and shorts.

Rufus and Quest turned around acknowledging the three people standing behind them. On the left side of the blond boy was a black haired girl with a strip of blue in her hair wearing a pink top, black beads tight black pant with a pink belt and pink boots. On the other side was a tan girl with black curly hair wearing black a blue striped tank top and tight blue pants that stopped at her knees. 

“Joanna, Thomas, Chelsea,” Rufus and Quest said simultaneously disappointed.

“What, you finally found bigfoot or something?” the boy teased.

“I should go to class,” said Quest starting to walk away.

“Yeah, same here,” Rufus replied.

The boy took Quest by the shoulder stopping him and said “Oh, what’s the rush? We’re all friends here, right?”

The two girls then grabbed Rufus “Yeah, friends!”

“Hey, let go!” Rufus complained.

The boy tossed Quest into his safe and closed it behind him.

“No! Thomas! No!” Quest shouted.

The blond boy laughed with the girls as the tan girl said “That’s so classic!”

“Quest!” Rufus called.

“Oh don’t think we forgot about you Rufus!” said Chelsea.

“Yeah, if that is your real name!” Joanna teased.

The girl pulled Rufus’s underwear out of his pants as he screamed in agony. The three bullies then ran away laughing.

“How very unoriginal!” Rufus shouted back.

He approached the safe and started to turn the knob and said “Don’t worry Quest. I remember the combination.”

The safe opened and the boys walked to class. I ran to follow after them but a bell rang. I looked up wondering if Earth was under attack or something was going to happen but the halls remained silent and empty. I proceeded to approach the class but the door was locked. I knocked on the door but a voice called “Tardy lock out!”