Becoming attached

That night as I drifted away into dreamland I dreamed that was so real, I couldn’t tell if it was reality. My mother and father were in conference with the Lunar Monarch. The room was silent but filled with negative tension.

“Have you found the princess yet?” said the Lunar King.

“I sent our best soldier to search for her,” my father replied.

“It is extremely suspicious that the day of the wedding, your daughter ran away,” said the Lunar queen.

“I agree. It is almost as if she purposely escaped,” the Lunar king agreed.

“It is extremely suspicious that the day of the wedding, your daughter ran away,” said the Lunar Queen.

“How dare you accuse my daughter you tyrant!” my mother said emotionlessly.

“I have reason to believe that this engagement was nothing more than a mere scheme into gaining our trust,” said the Lunar king.

“Yes, after all, you seem to enjoy a bloodbath much more than purification,” said the Lunar Queen

Standing in the room seemingly invisible, I called out to them “Please don’t fight!”

I tossed and turned in my sleep watching as my in laws and my parents continued to argue. Suddenly I was awakened by Rufus’s loud alarm clock and I popped out of my sleep screaming. Rufus turned off the alarm clock looking at me.

“Are you alright?” he asked.

“I’m fine. Just an unpleasant dream,” I replied.

“Will you be okay?” he asked.

“Yes,” I replied.

He nodded and gathered his clothes for the shower. After a few moments I heard a woman yawn and a door closed.

“Mom!” Rufus called.

The voice replied “Hello sweetheart!”

“Y-you’re back early!” he said.

“Ok, I missed you too,” she scolded.

“Uh, s-sorry! Did you enjoy your trip?” he said.

“You seem like you’re keeping a dirty little secret. Are you alright dear?” she asked.

“Y-yeah!” he replied.

He came walking horridly into the room fully dressed closing the door behind him as the woman knocked. His clothes were wrinkly and crumbled.

“Ru, open this door,” she said.

“Sorry mom! My room is a mess!” said Rufus.

“Oh what a shock,” she said sarcastically.

Rufus pointed to the closet so I grabbed Zero and hid inside. Through the crack of the closet doors I could see a brown haired woman wearing a suit looking around. The woman held her nose and glared at Rufus.

“Jesus Christ Ru! You left Shaggy outside sitting in his poo for a week, didn’t clean your room, and didn’t wash the dishes. Am I raising a son or a pig?” she scolded.

“Sorry mom,” replied Rufus.

“I have to go back to work today. This house better be spotless by the time I get back,” she demanded.

“Ok,” he replied.

As she closed the door, Rufus opened the closet doors and smiled at me “Hey,”