What Girlfriends Are For (Klay Thompson) -Staecee-

Aye, this one's for staecee101 ! It's kind of short but I hope you like it nonetheless (:

-Staecee's POV-

Tonight's the NBA Finals Game 7, and I think I'm more stressed than my boyfriend, Klay Thompson.

As I got ready for the game, my hands were shaking. I looked in the mirror at the #11 jersey I was wearing and took a deep breath. What am I doing? I'm acting like I'm the one actually playing.

Klay came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "You look beautiful,"he whispered, kissing my cheek.

I turned around to face him and smiled. "You ready for tonight?"I asked, playing with my hands.

Klay took a deep breath. "I think so."

I kissed him on the lips. "Let's go baby. Win me a second ring."

Klay chuckled and nodded. "I will for you, Staecee,"he assured.

At the arena, I felt like throwing up from being so nervous. The crowd was so loud and it was completely packed in the arena. I sat in my front row seat, lowkey panicking.

Then the players came out for warmups.

Klay immediately ran over to me and kissed me. "I'm terrified,"he mumbled. I reminded him,"You've been in this position before, Klay. You know what winning the championship is like. Don't be afraid to win it a second time, champ."

He smiled and gave me a hug. "Thank you, baby. I love you."

I kissed his cheek and said,"I love you too. No pressure, baby. Just do what you do." Klay nodded and jogged away to do his warmups.

Steph and Draymond walked over to me a while later. "Come on guys. Don't waste time. Go warmup properly,"I scolded as they came close to me.

Draymond chuckled, hugging me. "It's okay, Staecee. We can take a second off from practicing."

Steph added,"Yeah, we've done this before. Don't worry."

I looked over at Klay, who looked completely focused. "I really hope he does good tonight,"I mumbled.

Steph put his hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry, Staecee. He'll be fine,"he assured.

-2 Hours Later-

They lost. They actually lost.

My heart dropped seeing the players' faces as they walked by with their heads down.

I quickly walked to the back and hugged Klay. "I love you so much baby,"I whispered, squeezing him. I felt a tear fall onto my bare neck. I pulled away from the hug and saw Klay crying a bit. "Baby, don't cry,"I said, wiping his tears. "You did all you could. It was a close game,"I added, rubbing his back.

Some of the Cavaliers' players walked by, laughing. LeBron looked at Klay and sneered,"What happened to your 73-9 record?" Klay just looked down.

"Aw, he's crying now,"Iman taunted before laughing.

I walked over to LeBron, furious. No one's gonna talk to my man like that and get away with it. My hand connected with LeBron's cheek, hard. It got really quiet all of a sudden.

"Don't you dare talk about my man like that,"I spat.

LeBron looked incredibly shocked. He held his cheek and walked away, Iman and J.R. Smith behind him.

I looked back at Klay, whose eyes were super wide. "Staecee-"

I cut him off by kissing him. I pulled away and said,"I will always defend you and have your back. You can count on that."

Klay hugged me and mumbled,"I'm so glad I have you." I smiled and replied,"Well I'm lucky to have you too, Klay."

I took his hand and said,"Now let's go home. You need to feel better." Klay just looked at me blankly. I tugged on his arm, smiling. "Come on Klay. Don't be like this."

Klay slowly cracked a smile and let me drag him to the parking lot.

We went to Klay's house and ate lots of ice cream. The two of us talked for what seemed like forever in his living room. I tried to make Klay smile as much as I could.

As I got tired, I laid my head on his lap. Klay played with my hair in silence.

I spoke,"You okay?"

Klay smiled a bit. "Yeah, I'm fine. But only because of you."

I grinned and said,"I'm glad I could make you happy."

Klay leaned down and kissed my forehead. "You always know how to make me smile,"he sighed.

I replied,"That's what good girlfriends do."

Klay chuckled and kissed me on the lips. "I couldn't agree more, Staecee."