Graduation (Ben Simmons) -Simone-

Hello friends!! I told y'all I would try to update more😂 This one's for simontommo ! I hope you like it! (:

-Simone's POV-

"Simoneeee! Someone's calling you!"my mom shouted as I was getting dressed in the bathroom.

I quickly put on my second earring and opened the door. "Who is it?"

"Aw, princess. You look so pretty!"my mom exclaimed when she saw me.

I laughed and took the phone. "Thanks mom,"I replied, looking at the screen.

It was my best friend Ben, FaceTiming me. I quickly answered. "Hi Ben! How do I look?"I asked, showing him different angles of my face and dress.

Ben replied,"You look stunning. I wish I was there to see your graduation."

"Wait, what do you mean?"I asked.

Ben sighed. "I'm sorry, Simone. But I got really busy in Philly with training and I couldn't-"

I cut him off,"No, it's okay. I understand."

I tried to laugh it off, but it wasn't very convincing. I really wanted my best friend to see me walk across the stage and graduate. He told me he would be there for sure, but I should've known something would pop up.

Ben apologized,"I'm really sorry. You know I would be there if I could. But hey, once I come down to Australia, I'll make it up to you. I promise."

I nodded, slightly smiling. "Okay, Ben. Can't wait to see you,"I said.

"Don't cry or anything, alright? You look beautiful, and your smile is gorgeous,"he complimented, making me genuinely smile.

"Thank you. I wish you were here to take a picture with me after I graduate,"I sighed.

Ben responded,"Aye, we'll take great pictures when I come down. Don't worry." I just nodded.

He looked at something or someone in the distance before saying,"Oh, I have to go now, but see you soon. Love you, Simone."

"Love you too, Ben,"I replied before the call disconnected.

My mom was there listening to the whole conversation. "Ah, sucks he couldn't make it. But don't worry, he'll come visit soon,"she said, putting her hand on my back.

I nodded, trying not to be upset about it. "Yeah, soon,"I mumbled.

A few hours later, I was standing in line, about to walk across the stage. My stomach was churning at the thought of me actually graduating. How did I even do this?

As my name got called, I started climbing the steps. I heard a "That's my girl!" from the crowd and turned to the audience.

I saw my family, and beside them stood Ben, cheering and smiling.

My heart started racing and I immediately felt better. He was here for me, like he always has been. He sees me graduating right now. This was all I wanted. I smiled widely and blew him a kiss before getting my diploma.

After the graduation, everyone went outside to take pictures. I ran out to my family and friends as fast as I could, super happy that Ben was there.

The first person I went and hugged was Ben. He whispered,"I'm so proud, Simone. Love you so much."

I pulled away from the hug and replied,"Thank you, and I love you too."

I hugged and took pictures with all my family members, and then went back to Ben. "Time for our picture,"he grinned, putting his arm around my shoulder.

"I can't believe you lied and told me you weren't coming,"I mumbled, punching his arm lightly.

He just laughed. "Hey, I was trying to be all sneaky and shit. Wanted to surprise the most important girl in my life."

"Woah, most important?"I laughed.

Ben chuckled nervously, glancing at my mom. She gave him a quick nod, which was kind of weird.

"I'll be right back, Simone. Give me a second,"Ben said before walking away.

I looked at my mom. "Mom, what's going on? Where's Ben going?"

"I don't know, honey. Maybe gone to the bathroom."

A few minutes later, Ben came back. He had a bouquet of flowers and a bunch of balloons.

"Aw, Ben. That's so sweet,"I smiled.

Ben handed the balloons to me and said,"Simone, you have always been by my side. I've always been able to count on you, and you never fail to make me happy. You're the most beautiful woman in the world, truly one of a kind. I'm so proud of you for all you've accomplished. Thank you for always being the person at my games cheering me on, even if I suck that day. You're my #1 motivation for everything. I know we fight about dumb stuff all the time, but it's always funny and gets us laughing at the end. You make me so damn happy. Everything about you is perfect to me."

I was close to tears at this point. My whole family was watching, which was kind of awkward. Nonetheless, I was super emotional.

Ben took my hand and said,"That's why, in front of your family, I want to ask you something. Simone, will you be my girlfriend?"

My whole family started cheering really loud. I was at a loss of words,
completely shocked.

"Y-y-yes,"I stuttered, hugging him.

"I've been waiting so long for this moment,"Ben whispered, making me smile.

"Me too, Ben,"I replied, kissing him.