Meeting His Mom (Jimmy Butler) -Ashley-

Hey guys! How are you all? Hopefully you're good! This one's for brysontillervevo ! Sorry it took so long, but I hope you like it! (:

-Ashley's POV-

"Jimmy, I'm nervous!"I groaned, laying my head on my boyfriend's shoulder.

He chuckled. "Ash, it's going to be okay. Listen to me. You're beautiful, funny, and amazing. My mom will love you." I took a deep breath, trying to calm down.

I'm meeting Jimmy's mom for the first time, and I'm extremely nervous. I know Jimmy doesn't care what his family or friends think of me, but I still want them to like me.

Jimmy kissed the top of my head before saying,"By the way, you look great today."

I couldn't help but smile. He can always make me happy through little compliments like that.

I reached up and kissed his lips just as the doorbell rang. All my nervousness came back.

I stood up, smoothing down my dress.

Jimmy went over to the door and opened it. "Hey Mom,"he greeted, hugging her.

"Hey Jimmy, how you been?" Her voice chirped with happiness. It was really cute.

"Good, good. Let me introduce you to someone,"Jimmy said, pulling her into the house.

I smiled brightly, walking towards the two. "Hello,"I quietly squeaked.

"Come on, Ash. No need to be shy. Mom, this is Ashley. She's the love of my life and I adore her so much,"Jimmy said. I laughed nervously.

"That's cute,"his mom mumbled, looking around. She probably thinks I'm ugly. She probably thinks I'm not good enough.

"So... How's basketball?"she asked her son as she sat down on the couch. I bit my lip, sitting on the couch opposite to her.

Jimmy sat down next to me as he answered,"It's great. Last game I got 50 points." He grinned at me proudly. I smiled back. Jimmy was so happy that night. It was the greatest thing to see.

I added,"Yeah, it was great. Whenever Jimmy's happy, everything gets-"

I was cut off by his mom. "A lot brighter,"she laughed.

I bit my lip and looked up at Jimmy. He was just laughing with his mom, unaware of how I felt at the moment. Once again, I felt like throwing up.

Jimmy's mom really didn't like me; She was avoiding me.

"Mom, Ashley and I have been dating for a year now. We look great together, right?"Jimmy questioned, putting his arm around my shoulder.

I laughed, shaking my head. "You're the only cute one in the relationship. I look terrible 99% of the time,"I insisted.

Jimmy frowned. "Ma, tell her that ain't true,"he said, turning to his mom.

She was texting away on her phone. After a few seconds, she looked up. "Oh, sorry! What did I miss?"

I bit my lip. His mom really hates me...

"Um, I'll go bring something to drink for you. Is juice okay?"I asked politely.

Jimmy's mom nodded. "Yeah, it's fine. Thanks dear." I smiled as I walked into the kitchen. At least she called me dear. That was nice.

I got some glasses and poured orange juice in them. When I was walking back into the living room, I heard Jimmy and his mom whispering. I walked loudly on purpose so that they knew I was coming and handed some juice to Jimmy's mom.

"Ashley, I was meaning to talk to you. Could you join me in the kitchen?"

I nodded. "Yeah, of course."

Jimmy just gave me an assuring smile. "It's okay,"he chuckled, taking my hand and squeezing it. "She really likes you. Trust me,"he added quietly.

I nodded and followed his mom into the kitchen.

"Ashley, you make my son extremely happy. He's in love with you. I have never seen him so in love with someone before. You must be very special,"she said.

I blushed, looking down. Jimmy and I's relationship is based strictly off of love. We love for each other, care for each other. We genuinely want the best for the other person. Our love is pure.

She continued,"He talks about you all the time, about how funny you are, how beautiful you are, just everything."

I smiled. "He's so sweet. That's the cutest thing I've ever heard."

Jimmy's mom said,"I just wanted to tell you thank you. Thank you for putting that bright smile on my son's face. I can tell you're an amazing girl. Just make sure Jimmy doesn't get into any trouble, okay?"

She took my hand into hers gently. I smiled and nodded. "I won't. I promise."

"One day, you're going to be Mrs. Butler. And I can't wait until that day."

Jimmy's mom and I walked back into the living room where Jimmy was just on his phone. He looked up at me and gave me a smile.

His mom leaned over and whispered,"See? You can see the love in his eyes. He really adores you."

I looked at her and smiled. "Well, I really adore him too."

After a while, Jimmy's mom left.

I sat down on Jimmy's lap and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Your mom told me a bunch of sweet stuff. You talk about me a lot, don't you?"I smiled.

Jimmy chuckled, looking down. "Hey, I really love you. My mama knows you're my dream girl. Ain't no way I'm not gonna talk about you 24/7. You're my life, Ash."

I hugged him, smiling like crazy. "You're the cutest, Jimmy. I love you so much. Words can't even explain..."

"The feeling's mutual, baby,"he replied before kissing me.