Champion (Karl-Anthony Towns) -Aniya-

Hello everyone! This one's for aniyathehornplayer ! This took so long but I hope you enjoy (:

-Aniya's POV-

"Hey baby, you need anything? Anything at all?"my boyfriend asked, a sincere look on his face.

I gave him a big smile. "No, thanks Karl. But seriously, calm down. I think you're more nervous than me for tonight,"I giggled.

Karl sat down next to me on the couch. "My girlfriend is in the WNBA Finals! How can I calm down? You can win the championship today, Aniya!"he exclaimed, pulling me into a hug.

I smiled and mumbled,"I can't believe it."

Karl said,"By the way, I was thinking... And I really think it's time for us to share our relationship with the world." He took my hand and kissed it.

Karl and I had been dating for more than a year, but we kept our relationship super lowkey. Only our close family and friends knew that we were dating, and we liked it that way. There was never any drama or rumours, which Karl and I loved.

But recently, we had started debating whether to tell everyone about our relationship. That way, it would be easier to hang out in public and go to events together. It was something we thought about a lot.

"Are you sure the time's right?"I questioned.

Karl replied,"Tonight, after you and the Lynx beat the Sparks, I'm gonna run on the court and give you a kiss. We can deal with whatever happens from then on."

I hit his shoulder and said,"Don't jinx the game like this." Karl sheepishly smiled as he knocked on the wooden table. I laughed and continued,"And I think we can handle whatever comes our way after our relationship is revealed. If you're ready to tell the world, so am I."

He nodded and kissed my forehead. "I'm ready to show the world that you're my girl and I love you."

"Aw, I love you too baby,"I cooed, kissing him on the lips.

-------------------

"This is the most important game of our lives. We have to go out there and leave it all on the court. No matter what, we have to give it our best. We'll leave with our heads high, whether we win or not. All of us have worked so hard for this moment, and it's time to get what we've earned. Let's go out there and kick some butt. All hands in,"I said, hyping up the team.

We all put our hands together and one of my teammates led our chant. "Let's get it,"I shouted after, as the team started running onto the court.

I was the last one to get out there. My eyes immediately scanned the seats, looking for Karl. Our eyes met and I gave him a smile. "You got this!"he shouted, making me laugh.

He was with Andrew Wiggins, so I quickly went and said hi. "Hey guys, thanks for coming,"I said, giving Andrew a hug. He knew we were dating as he was the one who basically introduced us. I've been friends with him for a while and he's amazing.

"Good luck, baby,"Karl whispered, pulling me into a hug.

"I gotta go. Love y'all,"I quickly said before running to go take some shots.

After warmups, we all went to the coach. I could tell how nervous everyone was, but surprisingly, I was super calm. It just felt like it was time for me to get what I earned, and I wasn't going to let nerves get in the way of that.

The game started, and our team was off to a great start. Everyone was making their shots and our defence was great.

Anytime I felt anxious or nervous, I would just look at Karl and feel at ease all of a sudden. He was my happy place, and having him at the game cheering me on was great.

At half-time, we were winning by 4. It was a close game with the Sparks doing great, and we knew we had to pull through big in the second half.

"Aye, Aniya! Come here!"Andrew shouted before the second half started. I looked at him confused. He waved for me to go over to him and Karl. I sighed and jogged over.

Karl immediately said,"You're doing great. I'm so proud. 24 more minutes for you to kill it. You can do it."

Andrew added,"We're here to see you win. You better not disappoint."

I high-fived him and replied,"I'll try my best not to, Wiggins." He chuckled and I ran back to practice with my teammates.

The game continued and the Sparks were starting to burn up. They got the lead, and by the fourth quarter, they were winning 65-59.

I prepared myself for a hard fourth quarter. 12 minutes to win the championship. I had 21 points, and I knew I could get more. My teammates were relying on me to help them get the points we needed to catch up.

I glanced at Karl as the whistle blew, and he gave me a thumbs up. I heard Andrew shout,"Come on, Aniya!"

The next few minutes to come were a blur. I was so focused, so determined to play at my best. I was only pulled out of my trance when the Sparks called a timeout.

I looked up at the scoreboard and saw that the game was tied. I sat down in a chair and quickly drank some water. "That was amazing, Aniya! You're doing great. Keep getting those points. Fowles, Montgomery, you two are in,"the couch quickly said.

I nodded, taking one more sip of water before standing up. After looking at Karl, I looked up at the time remaining. 4 minutes.

As soon as the Sparks inbounded the ball, I went for the steal. The ball grazed my fingertips and tipped away. I chased it down and sped down the court with it. I went up for the layup and scored, as the crowd cheered.

The next 3 minutes, my teammates and I continued to score, not allowing the Sparks many points. With 30 seconds remaining, we were winning 84-75. As the seconds ticked down, tears filled my eyes. It's happening.

The final buzzer sounded, and our team went crazy. I hugged as many of my teammates as I could, screaming and laughing.

Then I felt someone pick me up from behind. I immediately knew it was Karl from his shout. He put me down and I gave him a proper hug. "Holy shit, Aniya. I'm so happy for you. Congrats champ,"he whispered in my ear.

I saw cameras surrounding us, and so did Karl. He gave me an assuring nod before leaning down and kissing me on the lips. I laughed into the kiss seeing all the flashes of cameras, making us break apart.

I gave Andrew a hug and he said his congratulations, being sweet as always.

Then Karl took my hand and raised it up, shouting "Woooo!" I laughed as I clung onto his arm, shaking my head.

An interviewer walked over to us, followed by her camera crew. "Congratulations Aniya. How do you feel in this exact moment?"she asked.

I looked up at Karl before saying,"This is the most incredible feeling in the world. It seems surreal, like this is a dream. And I'm so happy to share it with my boyfriend. This is all just perfect."

"It's official now, huh? You and Karl-Anthony Towns are dating,"the interviewer smiled.

I clung onto Karl's arm a little tighter and grinned. "Yeah, we've been dating for a while. Some people were kind of onto us, but we were mostly able to keep it a secret. But now everyone knows. We thought it would be a good time to tell everyone." Karl chuckled and nodded.

The interviewer turned to Karl and asked,"This must be a proud moment for you, right?"

Karl looked down at me and said,"Definitely. She's worked so hard for this moment and I know how much it means to her. Aniya is the most hardworking, genuine person I've ever met and I couldn't be prouder of her. She's my little champ."

"Aww,"I cooed. Karl leaned down and kissed the top of my head.

The interviewer said,"Well, I won't take up any more of your celebration time. Enjoy and congrats once again."

"Thank you,"I said before kissing Karl again.

He whispered,"We're gonna go home and celebrate big time, alright?"

I giggled and nodded. "I can't wait,"I whispered before running to enjoy the moment with my wonderful teammates.