Sex Goddess: My Seductive Surrender [5]

I quickly threw some clothes on and tried to listen to what was going on downstairs. I heard Mr. and Mrs. Green yelling. They must be fighting. Trevor just laid there and rolled his eyes so I assumed this happened frequently, but I had never heard them arguing before. They always seem either so nice or so quiet. I sat on the bed and looked at Trevor worriedly.

“Do you think we should go down there?” I whispered.

He shook his head. “Why on earth would we want to do that?! I’m not getting caught in the crossfire. They’ll calm down eventually. Soon my mom will get tired of their ‘no mind pain’ pact and just make my dad be quiet. After that they’ll have loads of make up sex and we’ll feel extremely uncomfortable.”

I took that in and thought about it. Would I really feel more uncomfortable than I do now?

“Do you want to go out and explore the town?” I didn’t want to stick around for the mind pain or the make-up sex.

Trevor shrugged. “Sure.”

South Dakota has next to nothing to offer teenagers. Our town is obsessed with their football team and that’s all they talk about. They eat, sleep, and breathe football. That being said, almost every restaurant and/or coffee shop is buzzing with the latest on the players and their opponents. If you hear about it too much, it gets annoying. Very annoying. So Trevor and I decided to go to the mall. Since it was 8 o’clock on a school night we assumed it’d be almost empty. We were wrong.

“Oh my god, we’ve been riding around for an hour just for a parking space. Let’s just go home.”

Trevor laughed. “It’s been three minutes, Kate.”

“It feels like an hour.” I whined.

We eventually found one and got inside. I almost couldn’t tell which store we were at because of the mass of teenagers and elderly people. Apparently the mall is the place everyone in Hayne goes to when everything else is getting old.

I grabbed onto Trevor’s hand to keep from being lost in the sea of bodies. We stopped outside some video game store and I reeled at Trevor. “Really Trevor?”

“I’m not a nerd. I just like Halo.”

I looked at him sarcastically.

“Don’t judge me.”

I laughed. “I’m staying out here. I am NOT going into that man cave.”

“Ya know a lot of girls play video games with their boyfriends all the time.”

I pretended to gag.

“Alright be out in a sec.”

I stood up against the wall trying not to get trampled on. Something brought my attention across the room where my eyes connected with a familiar face.

He was coming towards me.

In two steps, one second, I could see the whites of his eyes.

In three steps, two seconds, I could hear his footsteps against the floor.

In four steps, three seconds, I could smell the familiar scent that identified my home.

I shut my eyes and prepared myself for the impact of his fist into my face. I knew what he’d do to me when he found me. I just prayed that Trevor stayed in the store long enough to avoid confrontation.

I opened my eyes and saw no one. He was not in front of me, he was not walking towards me, and Trevor was coming out of the store.

“Kate. What’s wrong?” He saw the way I frantically searched the crowd.

“I saw him.”

“Saw who?”

I turned to him and tried to slow my racing heart. “My dad.”