Sex Goddess: My Seductive Surrender [6]

I sat on the couch of my new family’s home and tried to sort out the information racing through my brain. We had come home and interrupted Trevor’s parent’s make-up sex, and the second they heard what I saw they demanded every detail.

“He could be using another vampire for mind tricks. You don’t think Grant could have survived do you?” Trevor was the most worried out of them, which put me even more on edge.

His mother answered that. “When your father checked him he was dead. Kate’s power totally shut him down.”

His father nodded in agreement. “Cain and I burned the pieces. That was before we found out he set it up, though.”

Trevor rubbed the back of his neck absently. “Kate is there any way that maybe you imagined it?”

I was about to yell at him for suggesting that, but I couldn’t rule anything out at that point. “I don’t know.” I felt defeated. If he really was there, he probably already knew where I was right now and it was only a matter of time before he came and took me away.

Mrs. Green sat down next to me and took my hand. “We’ll figure this out, honey. You and Trevor should get some sleep.”

Trevor shook his head obstinately.

“You’re right. Thank you.” I feigned a smile and got up. “Trevor, let’s go.”

He gave in with a sigh and followed me up the stairs.

We slept in his room that night. I curled up against him and tried to forget about the threat of being dragged back to Canada and away from Trevor and my new family.

He kissed my forehead. “It’ll be okay.”

Hearing him say that made me feel slightly more optimistic. He was usually the negative one, so whenever he said something positive it was hard not to believe him.

“What would I do without you?”

He wrapped his arms tighter around me. “Masturbate. A lot.”

I tried to stifle my outrageous laughter as best as I could. “You’re terrible.”

I felt his smile. “And yet you still love me.”

I nodded, my laughter subsiding. “Yes I do.”

“It sucks that we don’t have any classes together. I’d like to be able to keep an eye on you.” His voice was truly concerned. “Don’t want you cheating on me or something.” He laughed, signaling it was a joke. But I could sense some insecurity.

“I can’t think of any reason I’d want to cheat. I have everything I need right here.” I kissed his chest. At some point he had taken his shirt off.

I could tell he relaxed. “Yeah I know. I feel the same.”

“I don’t know. Cheating for guys is different than for girls.”

“What do you mean?” He arranged us so that we were facing each other.

“Well when a girl cheats, it’s with her heart. A girl could cheat on her boyfriend by just liking someone else because we think with our emotions. It’s different for guys because they don’t really use their heart. A guy could check out a girl and think she’s hot but it wouldn’t mean anything. Guys can have sex without feeling anything for the girl. It sets a very high standard for girls, with little to no expectations for guys.”

Trevor stared at me like I was speaking in tongues. “You make me so horny when you talk all grown up.”

I rolled my eyes and was honestly a little offended. “So you weren’t listening to anything that I said, huh?”

He smiled a little. “Yeah, I heard every word. I agree. Except girls can be just as cold sometimes. You’d be surprised.”

“I guess that could be true.”

“Trust me I’ve had enough experience to know that girls can be cold hearted bitches when they want to be.”

I smacked his arm. “You shouldn’t talk about women like that. Not in the presence of a lady.” I winked.

“Pardon me, miss. I am ever so sorry.” He spoke in a faux English accent.

I giggled and turned around so he was spooning me.

All the worries and troubles I had earlier came back and I felt a heavy weight on my chest when I thought of them. If my father came to get me, he wouldn’t hesitate to try and eliminate Trevor and his parents, and if he brought help there would be no hope at all. I couldn’t stand the idea of anything happening to Trevor, not to mention his family that I’ve come to love as my own. I found myself drifting to sleep begging whatever deity that was above me that I was just imagining things.