Sex Goddess: My Seductive Surrender [9]

“Do you remember when I told you that my last relationship was a hundred years ago?”

“Umm, yeah.”

He sighed and looked away from me. “Well you never asked me what happened.”

“Okay. What happened?” Did I really want to know?
He looked at the ceiling and took a deep breath. “I lost my temper, and I killed her.”

Well that wasn’t what I was expecting. I knew he had anger problems, but I had no idea he killed a girl because of them.

He continued, “I found out she was cheating on me and I couldn’t control myself.” He covered his eyes with his hand. “I ripped her throat out.”

That explained so much that I wasn’t even surprised. I just laid my head on his chest and drew imaginary circles on his hard stomach. “I’d never do that. And you’d never do that to me. So don’t worry.”

He laughed humorlessly. “Kate, if I did it to her I’m pretty sure I could do it to you.”

I looked up at him sympathetically. “Well for one, I’m pretty sure I heal faster than her. Two, I’d seduce you into calming down before you got angry. Three, I’d never cheat on you. Don’t worry.”

His facial expression didn’t change. He just looked at me worriedly.

I tried my best to smile at him, but he didn’t budge.

He looked back up at the ceiling. “I really loved her. Not as much as I love you, but she was the first girl I ever loved. She was special.” He closed his eyes. “And I killed her.”

I rubbed his temples. “Try to forget about it, Trevor. You can’t change the past.”

He opened his mouth like he was going to say something and stopped. I took my hand away from his head.

“How did you know that was where my head hurt?” His speech was sleepy and lazy.

I smirked a little. “Lucky guess.” I put my fingertips back at his temples and gently massaged them until he was in a deep sleep.

Once he was passed out, I got up and went downstairs to talk to his parents.

“Have you found anything new?” I sat on the couch and crossed my hands over each other.

Mrs. Green shook her head and sat a cup of steaming liquid on the table in front of me. “Nothing. Only that he was last seen in Utah. It seems he’s been thrown off of our track.” She smiled sweetly and motioned for me to drink.

I complied and sniffed at the cup before drinking. It was hot orange spice tea. It was delicious.

Trevor’s dad came into the room and sat next to his wife on the love seat in front of the couch. He set a picture down on the coffee table in front of me. I picked it up.

It was my father and a girl around my age walking out of a store in, presumably, Utah. It was taken by a street cam.

“Do you know who she is?” Mr. Green looked directly into my eyes. Something he had never done before.

I shook my head. “No, sir. But she seems… Familiar?” She had dark hair and blue eyes. She didn’t look like a vampire at all, yet she was walking with my father like it was the most normal thing in the universe.

I heard Trevor stir upstairs. I listened as he turned over and fell out of his bed with a “Damnit!” I smiled a little, as did his mother. His father shook his head.

“If anything comes to mind I’ll tell you right away, I promise.” I stood up and smiled at Mr. and Mrs. Green. “Thank you so much for everything.”

Mrs. Green stood up and hugged me. “It’s not problem, Kate. I’ve always wanted a daughter, and now that I have one I’m not letting anything happen to you.”

Mr. Green nodded in agreement with his wife.

I smiled hugely. “Thanks.”

Upstairs, Trevor had pulled himself back up on the bed. He was snoring lightly, sprawled all over the mattress.

I laid down next to him and thought. The girl was familiar to me, but I couldn’t put a finger on what things I remembered about her. I tried to put the thoughts out of head and go to sleep. I kissed Trevor’s head and rolled over, facing away from him. Sleep found me quickly, and I dreamt of Trevor and I far away from Hayne, South Dakota, somewhere tropical. Somewhere safe.